Re: [NTO] Find all recent files with DOS

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
      loro wrote:
      > Is it possible to find all files after a certain date and display a
      > list of them and delete them? Any other ideas?

      dir /s /od C:\*.* > list.txt

      should do it. It lists ALL the files but sorts them by age, newest
      first, so you can work through the list from the top and stop when
      appropriate.

      Apart from that, while it is possible to hobble along for quite a long
      way, I've done it, there does come a moment when it's finally time to
      knuckle down and do a full, fresh, clean install. It seems that time has
      now come.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
        loro wrote:
        > AFAIK XP and newer doesn't have DOS.

        Correct. but if he tells you, he can still boot to DOS and can list
        directories, then I'd take him by his word until proven otherwise.
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
          At 13:31 2013-02-11, you wrote:
          >loro wrote:
          > > Is it possible to find all files after a certain date and display a
          > > list of them and delete them? Any other ideas?
          >
          >dir /s /od C:\*.* > list.txt

          Thanks, Axel. All suggestions forwarded, but last I heard he had got
          hold of a loaner computer and I hope he goes with what I suggested,
          buys one of those cheap boxes (sorry, don't know the English word)
          that you put a HD in and you can connect it through USB and then does
          his cleanup that way from the loaner. Seems simpler and he can back
          up his stuff at the same time, which he hadn't before.

          Ltta