Re: [NTO] Portable File Manager

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2013
      On 2013-01-15 12:45, Sheri wrote:
      > Cnet is touting a free download (today only) that looks pretty good.
      >
      > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-57564020-58/get-windows-file-manager-xyplorer-for-free/>
      >
      > Haven't spent much time with it but it does appear to have extensive
      > features, including regex and boolean searches.
      >
      > Anyone familiar with it?
      Funny you mention it. Its the GOTD giveaway today as well.
      My usual File Manager has been Xplorer2 for several years. I looked at
      the XYplorer main site and feature list and it looks like a serious
      contender to replace Xplorer2 on my system.
      - Mini tree list is neat (only shows folders in tree view that you've
      visited)
      - Appears to have a pretty powerful scripting interface with an active
      forum for picking up others past work, and assistance. As the scripting
      guru you are Sheri :-) I'd be interested to see what you think of it.
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2013
        Yes its the GOTD that was reported by cnet.

        It will take me awhile (if ever) to digest lol. Powerpro and NoteTab are still my mainstays for scripting (have also done a little vbscript and javascript, but nothing lately). I did glance at the XYPlorer forum and do think it at least looks interesting!

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • Derek Barnes
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2013
          Thanks, Sheri.

          I've downloaded it and it looks good so far,

          regards,
          Derek.