Re: [NTO] Replacing my old Eudora

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
      Hi Lotta,

      On 28 Nov 12 22:43 loro <tabbie@...> said:
      > Eudora doesn't really cut it anymore.

      # stored...in some text format.
      # Unix mailbox format would be nice,
      # I don't want emails and attachments baked together in a binary lump.
      # set the SMTP port for each account individually.
      # Unicode, of course

      # threaded view
      # program interfaces. Nice, clean and simple
      # easy to recognize icons
      # normal menus.

      Sounds like you need nPOPuk

      http://npopuk.org.uk/3.00/index.html

      Has everything on your list bar "labels".

      Also:
      # Portable.
      # Runs on almost any Windows platform from WinCE and WinMob to Win32
      # Fully customisable icons (Create your own!)
      # Use for favourite text editor to write/read mail
      # Plain text only! (with a few tricks to allow you to read HTML mail)

      There's lots more I could say!

      ...but then I'm biassed. I do the documentation!

      Greg Chapman
      http://npopuk.org.uk
      Supporting nPOPuk - the Portable E-Mail Client.
    • Don
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
        Ditto -- I like thunderbird, clean simple and can be configured. I use
        it in plain text mode and can click to html if I know the sender and
        wish to.

        On 11/28/2012 7:09 PM, Alec Burgess wrote:
        > Hi Lotta: I'll recommend Thunderbird (been using it for about four
        > years).
      • fw7oaks
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2012
          Agree that Thunderbird is worth a look, for something simpler have a peak at Postbox
          www.postbox-inc.com
          Not free, but probably worth $9,95
          HTH
          fw