Re: [NTO] Huge File Size in MS Word

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 17, 2012
      Hi Axel,

      <<Is there a way to see that in Winword itself without converting and using
      > other programs?>>

      Yes. After Dave called my attention to the image of the Helix Nebula on
      page 1 of the Word file, I right-clicked on the image then selected "Format
      Picture". At the bottom of the "Size" tab, one can see the "Original size"
      is 4000x4000.

      Before I asked my question, I used the "save as web page" technique to get
      a quick look at all the images in the DOC file. My error was in using
      the *filtered
      *web page option. Until today, I wasn't really aware of what "filtered"
      means in this context.

      Thank you both for your help.

      Ray Shapp