Photo software to 'cut to new'

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2012
      http://ibssg.org/clips/IMG_6240.JPG

      This is a sample of the images I am working with, photos of over 10,000
      crypt markers at a national Cemetery.

      I am wanting to crop out each marker from the image and save the
      cropped section as a new JPG. Ideally I will be able to select the area,
      and (like in Notetab) cut to a new document and save serially, in a
      target directory. The resulting images will be posted to
      http://www.findagrave.com

      I use several "freeware" programs but none seem to have this function
      without going through tedious gymnastics.

      I am fixed income and do not have Photoshop.

      Any ideas?

      --

      __

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

      http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/

      "A bad event does not represent an entire life, but often leads to an understanding of the trials and troubles which made us what we are."
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2012
        Hi Jeff,

        On 05 Jan 12 19:50 jeff <jeff@...> said:
        > I am fixed income and do not have Photoshop.

        If Photoshop will do it, then you can be pretty sure the excellent
        (open source) GIMP will do it:

        http://www.gimp.org

        The script required will be pretty complex but, without trying
        (because I don't use its scripting functions myself) I can't swear it
        can do it.

        However, I'd recommend that you subscribe to the GIMP User List:
        and ask there. There are some real wizards there whom I am sure would
        guide you, if not produce the script or prepare a tutorial to show you
        how.

        Greg