Re: [NTO] Folder Open screwed up - addendum

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2011
      I wrote:
      >Both the default action in Folder Options
      >and the registry entries already were as they should.

      Actually, the default action is OK for Folder. For File Folder (the
      one I changed icon for although it didn't take) the expected options
      aren't available.

      For Folder I have these.

      explore (default)
      open
      command prompt (added by me)
      ... and some others I've added

      For File Folder I have these.

      add to send to menu
      command prompt
      ... a number of program specific commands

      Seems the Windows commands are split over those two entries???

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2011
        I wrote:
        >I wrote:
        > >Both the default action in Folder Options
        > >and the registry entries already were as they should.
        >
        >Actually, the default action is OK for Folder. For File Folder (the
        >one I changed icon for although it didn't take) the expected options
        >aren't available.
        >
        >For Folder I have these.
        >
        >explore (default)
        >open
        >command prompt (added by me)
        >... and some others I've added
        >
        >For File Folder I have these.
        >
        >add to send to menu
        >command prompt
        >... a number of program specific commands
        >
        >Seems the Windows commands are split over those two entries???

        How come you your IQ goes up with at least 50% as soon as you ask a
        question? :-D

        I added the Explore comand executed by explorer.exe for File Folder.
        Now the folders open normally (touch wood!) when double clicking. I
        still don't get what's up with those two folder types and why the
        commands are split between them though.