Re: [NTO] Force mono sound from both speakers

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 18, 2011
      Hi
      download "foobar 2000" it is free ,go to preferences\playback\DSP
      Managers\dowmix channels to mono and apply every thing will be mono.
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 18, 2011
        loro wrote:
        > I'd be happy if stereo sound never came out of my speakers again,

        In that case you may be looking in the wrong place. Under
        Control Panel -> Multimedia -> Audio -> Playback -> Advanced
        (this for Win98)
        you get a choice for "speaker setup". My standard is "desktop stereo
        speakers" but there is also a "laptop mono speakers" setting. I'm not
        really sure what it does, but might be worth a try. It seems there are
        individual settings for devices, in my case three, line out jack, USB
        soundcard, and routed through Totalrecorder.

        Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 18, 2011
          Axel wrote:
          >loro wrote:
          > > I'd be happy if stereo sound never came out of my speakers again,
          >
          >In that case you may be looking in the wrong place. Under
          >Control Panel -> Multimedia -> Audio -> Playback -> Advanced
          >(this for Win98)
          >you get a choice for "speaker setup". My standard is "desktop stereo
          >speakers" but there is also a "laptop mono speakers" setting. I'm not
          >really sure what it does, but might be worth a try. It seems there are
          >individual settings for devices, in my case three, line out jack, USB
          >soundcard, and routed through Totalrecorder.

          Been there, done that. Sound goes bad or disappears if your choice
          doesn't match the actual device, at least for me. Don't know, maybe
          I'll just buy something like the below that's supposed to do the
          trick. It's just that I've gotten into my head there should be
          another and quicker way.
          http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/325121/SPEAKA-35MM-MONOSTEREO-ADAPTER/SHOP_AREA_17473

          I'd like one of those for my mp3 player anyway. Mine has a built in
          radio receiver and I can set that to mono, but no such option for
          mp3. This is even more irritating when you use earphones actually. I
          mostly use my mp3 player on walks. I don't like to be totally cut off
          from the surrounding sounds, so using just one ear plug is nice, but
          then you only get half of the songs!