Re: [NTO] Help! Can't log in.

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
      On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
      > Axel Berger wrote:
      >> Al wrote:
      >>
      >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
      >>>

      >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
      >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
      >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
      >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
      >
      > Aha. I see.
      >
      > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
      >
      > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
      > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
      > rectify it.
      >
      > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
      > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
      > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
      > this problem? Thank you.

      Al, all,

      The extreme bottom link on every list message;

      will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
      to report trouble.

      http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

      ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

      • E. Coli Happens.

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
        NTB Off Topic

        What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

        The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
        also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
        what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
        acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

        Thanks for the help.

        Ray Shapp

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
          Ray Shapp wrote:
          >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

          It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

          No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
          http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

          Lotta
        • Ray Shapp
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
            Hi Lotta,

            Many thanks!

            I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

            Ray Shapp

            PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
            subject line, but I goofed.

            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
              Ray wrote:
              >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

              I just copy-pasted your question from here.

              >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
              >subject line, but I goofed.

              Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)