Re: [NTO] Help! Can't log in.

  • Al
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
      Axel Berger wrote:
      > Al wrote:
      >
      >> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
      >>

      > With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
      > is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
      > were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
      > misunderstanding had ever existied.

      Aha. I see.

      Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?

      BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
      people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
      rectify it.

      So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
      incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
      or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
      this problem? Thank you.

      --
      Alan.

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
        On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
        > Axel Berger wrote:
        >> Al wrote:
        >>
        >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
        >>>

        >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
        >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
        >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
        >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
        >
        > Aha. I see.
        >
        > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
        >
        > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
        > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
        > rectify it.
        >
        > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
        > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
        > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
        > this problem? Thank you.

        Al, all,

        The extreme bottom link on every list message;

        will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
        to report trouble.

        http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

        ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

        • E. Coli Happens.

        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
      • Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
          NTB Off Topic

          What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

          The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
          also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
          what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
          acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

          Thanks for the help.

          Ray Shapp

          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
            Ray Shapp wrote:
            >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

            It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

            No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
            http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

            Lotta
          • Ray Shapp
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
              Hi Lotta,

              Many thanks!

              I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

              Ray Shapp

              PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
              subject line, but I goofed.

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
                Ray wrote:
                >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                I just copy-pasted your question from here.

                >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                >subject line, but I goofed.

                Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)