Re: [NTO] Help! Can't log in.

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
      Al wrote:
      > I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,

      With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
      is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
      were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
      misunderstanding had ever existied. I lost my nice old password for
      nothing.

      The reason for trying was, by the way, that something or someone had set
      one of my NoteTab groups, fittingly the HTML one, to "fully featured"
      instead of functional and to 22 instead of 5 kB per mail.

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
    • Al
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
        Axel Berger wrote:
        > Al wrote:
        >
        >> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
        >>

        > With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
        > is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
        > were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
        > misunderstanding had ever existied.

        Aha. I see.

        Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?

        BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
        people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
        rectify it.

        So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
        incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
        or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
        this problem? Thank you.

        --
        Alan.

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
          On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
          > Axel Berger wrote:
          >> Al wrote:
          >>
          >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
          >>>

          >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
          >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
          >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
          >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
          >
          > Aha. I see.
          >
          > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
          >
          > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
          > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
          > rectify it.
          >
          > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
          > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
          > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
          > this problem? Thank you.

          Al, all,

          The extreme bottom link on every list message;

          will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
          to report trouble.

          http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

          ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

          • E. Coli Happens.

          € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
        • Ray Shapp
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
            NTB Off Topic

            What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

            The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
            also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
            what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
            acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

            Thanks for the help.

            Ray Shapp

            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
              Ray Shapp wrote:
              >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

              It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

              No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
              http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

              Lotta
            • Ray Shapp
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
                Hi Lotta,

                Many thanks!

                I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                Ray Shapp

                PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                subject line, but I goofed.

                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
                  Ray wrote:
                  >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                  I just copy-pasted your question from here.

                  >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                  >subject line, but I goofed.

                  Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)