Re: [NTO] Help! Can't log in.

  • Al
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
      FWIW a member of ntb-linux yahoogroup a few weeks ago reported prob
      logon to yahoogroups. That member got on using MSIE web browser whereas
      Firefox the yahoogroups logon didn't like.

      I myself also had logon failure of yahoogroups a few weeks ago.

      After my 8 to 10 repeated logon failures and search for lost password
      (but I already had the correct password) it then for no reason, and with
      no correction, and mysteriously, it logged on. This was using an older
      firefox on Linux.

      Due that for no reason it accepted what it had repeatedly rejected I
      concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better, not worse.

      --
      Alan.
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
        Al wrote:
        > I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,

        With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
        is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
        were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
        misunderstanding had ever existied. I lost my nice old password for
        nothing.

        The reason for trying was, by the way, that something or someone had set
        one of my NoteTab groups, fittingly the HTML one, to "fully featured"
        instead of functional and to 22 instead of 5 kB per mail.

        Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
      • Al
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
          Axel Berger wrote:
          > Al wrote:
          >
          >> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
          >>

          > With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
          > is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
          > were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
          > misunderstanding had ever existied.

          Aha. I see.

          Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?

          BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
          people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
          rectify it.

          So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
          incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
          or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
          this problem? Thank you.

          --
          Alan.

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
            On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
            > Axel Berger wrote:
            >> Al wrote:
            >>
            >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
            >>>

            >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
            >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
            >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
            >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
            >
            > Aha. I see.
            >
            > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
            >
            > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
            > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
            > rectify it.
            >
            > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
            > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
            > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
            > this problem? Thank you.

            Al, all,

            The extreme bottom link on every list message;

            will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
            to report trouble.

            http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

            ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

            • E. Coli Happens.

            € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
          • Ray Shapp
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
              NTB Off Topic

              What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

              The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
              also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
              what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
              acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

              Thanks for the help.

              Ray Shapp

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                Ray Shapp wrote:
                >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

                It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

                No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

                Lotta
              • Ray Shapp
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
                  Hi Lotta,

                  Many thanks!

                  I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                  Ray Shapp

                  PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                  subject line, but I goofed.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
                    Ray wrote:
                    >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                    I just copy-pasted your question from here.

                    >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                    >subject line, but I goofed.

                    Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)