Re: [NTO] Help! Can't log in.

  • Mick Housel
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
      My last guess would be to try logging in with the email listed in your
      signature since that what it shows as your email coming from.

      Mick

      Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

      On 9/8/2011 12:06 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
      > Alex Plantema wrote:
      >> Did you try that one?
      >
      > Did now. I found:

      > There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.
      >
      > I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
      > have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
      > this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
      > introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
      > not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
      > invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Axel

    • Al
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
        FWIW a member of ntb-linux yahoogroup a few weeks ago reported prob
        logon to yahoogroups. That member got on using MSIE web browser whereas
        Firefox the yahoogroups logon didn't like.

        I myself also had logon failure of yahoogroups a few weeks ago.

        After my 8 to 10 repeated logon failures and search for lost password
        (but I already had the correct password) it then for no reason, and with
        no correction, and mysteriously, it logged on. This was using an older
        firefox on Linux.

        Due that for no reason it accepted what it had repeatedly rejected I
        concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better, not worse.

        --
        Alan.
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
          Al wrote:
          > I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,

          With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
          is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
          were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
          misunderstanding had ever existied. I lost my nice old password for
          nothing.

          The reason for trying was, by the way, that something or someone had set
          one of my NoteTab groups, fittingly the HTML one, to "fully featured"
          instead of functional and to 22 instead of 5 kB per mail.

          Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
        • Al
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
            Axel Berger wrote:
            > Al wrote:
            >
            >> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
            >>

            > With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
            > is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
            > were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
            > misunderstanding had ever existied.

            Aha. I see.

            Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?

            BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
            people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
            rectify it.

            So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
            incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
            or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
            this problem? Thank you.

            --
            Alan.

          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
              On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
              > Axel Berger wrote:
              >> Al wrote:
              >>
              >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
              >>>

              >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
              >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
              >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
              >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
              >
              > Aha. I see.
              >
              > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
              >
              > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
              > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
              > rectify it.
              >
              > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
              > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
              > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
              > this problem? Thank you.

              Al, all,

              The extreme bottom link on every list message;

              will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
              to report trouble.

              http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

              ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

              • E. Coli Happens.

              € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
            • Ray Shapp
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                NTB Off Topic

                What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

                The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
                also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
                what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
                acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

                Thanks for the help.

                Ray Shapp

                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                  Ray Shapp wrote:
                  >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

                  It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

                  No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                  http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

                  Lotta
                • Ray Shapp
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
                    Hi Lotta,

                    Many thanks!

                    I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                    Ray Shapp

                    PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                    subject line, but I goofed.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
                      Ray wrote:
                      >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                      I just copy-pasted your question from here.

                      >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                      >subject line, but I goofed.

                      Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)