Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [NTO] Help! Can't log in.

Expand Messages
  • Alex Plantema
    ... Your Yahoo id can be found in the headers of every message you send. Did you try that one? Alex.
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Op donderdag 8 september 2011 19:10 schreef Axel Berger:

      > Just in case email will cease to work too sometime, I'll better say
      > goodbye to all of you now.

      Your Yahoo id can be found in the headers of every message you send.
      Did you try that one?

      Alex.
    • Axel Berger
      ... Did now. I found: X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: Message-ID: X-Yahoo-Profile: There is no
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        Alex Plantema wrote:
        > Did you try that one?

        Did now. I found:

        X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: <something_mostly_numerical>
        Message-ID: <4E68F6FA.DEAE68C6@...>
        X-Yahoo-Profile: <my_old_username>

        There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.

        I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
        have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
        this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
        introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
        not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
        invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.

        Thanks
        Axel

        --
        Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 2174/ 7439 07
        Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
        D-51519 Odenthal-Heide eMail: Axel-Berger@...
        Deutschland (Germany) http://berger-odenthal.de
      • Mick Housel
        My last guess would be to try logging in with the email listed in your signature since that what it shows as your email coming from. Mick Some days it s just
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          My last guess would be to try logging in with the email listed in your
          signature since that what it shows as your email coming from.

          Mick

          Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

          On 9/8/2011 12:06 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
          > Alex Plantema wrote:
          >> Did you try that one?
          >
          > Did now. I found:
          >
          > X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:<something_mostly_numerical>
          > Message-ID:<4E68F6FA.DEAE68C6@...>
          > X-Yahoo-Profile:<my_old_username>
          >
          > There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.
          >
          > I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
          > have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
          > this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
          > introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
          > not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
          > invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Axel
          >
        • Al
          FWIW a member of ntb-linux yahoogroup a few weeks ago reported prob logon to yahoogroups. That member got on using MSIE web browser whereas Firefox the
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            FWIW a member of ntb-linux yahoogroup a few weeks ago reported prob
            logon to yahoogroups. That member got on using MSIE web browser whereas
            Firefox the yahoogroups logon didn't like.

            I myself also had logon failure of yahoogroups a few weeks ago.

            After my 8 to 10 repeated logon failures and search for lost password
            (but I already had the correct password) it then for no reason, and with
            no correction, and mysteriously, it logged on. This was using an older
            firefox on Linux.

            Due that for no reason it accepted what it had repeatedly rejected I
            concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better, not worse.

            --
            Alan.
          • Axel Berger
            ... With the new login form insisting on some full ID , while all I ve got is what could be called a short ID, I didn t quite believe you, but you were right
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
            • 0 Attachment
              Al wrote:
              > I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,

              With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
              is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
              were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
              misunderstanding had ever existied. I lost my nice old password for
              nothing.

              The reason for trying was, by the way, that something or someone had set
              one of my NoteTab groups, fittingly the HTML one, to "fully featured"
              instead of functional and to 22 instead of 5 kB per mail.

              Axel

              --
              Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 2174/ 7439 07
              Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
              D-51519 Odenthal-Heide eMail: Axel-Berger@...
              Deutschland (Germany) http://berger-odenthal.de
            • Al
              ... Aha. I see. Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps? BTW I didn t yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more people who do so, the higher
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
              • 0 Attachment
                Axel Berger wrote:
                > Al wrote:
                >
                >> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                >>
                >
                > With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                > is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                > were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                > misunderstanding had ever existied.

                Aha. I see.

                Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?

                BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                rectify it.

                So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                this problem? Thank you.

                --
                Alan.



                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • hsavage
                ... Al, all, The extreme bottom link on every list message; will lead you to this link and it appears you ll eventually be able to report trouble.
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
                  > Axel Berger wrote:
                  >> Al wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                  >>>
                  >>
                  >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                  >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                  >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                  >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
                  >
                  > Aha. I see.
                  >
                  > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
                  >
                  > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                  > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                  > rectify it.
                  >
                  > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                  > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                  > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                  > this problem? Thank you.
                  >

                  Al, all,

                  The extreme bottom link on every list message;

                  will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
                  to report trouble.

                  http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

                  --
                  ···············································
                  ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

                  • E. Coli Happens.

                  € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                • Ray Shapp
                  NTB Off Topic What does P.G. stand for on a computer power supply tester? The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It also shows
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                  • 0 Attachment
                    NTB Off Topic

                    What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

                    The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
                    also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
                    what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
                    acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

                    Thanks for the help.

                    Ray Shapp


                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • loro
                    ... It stands for Power Good of course! :-) No, I didn t know. I ve never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Ray Shapp wrote:
                      >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

                      It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

                      No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                      http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

                      Lotta
                    • Ray Shapp
                      Hi Lotta, Many thanks! I Googled too, but didn t use any fruitful search terms. Ray Shapp PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Hi Lotta,

                        Many thanks!

                        I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                        Ray Shapp

                        PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                        subject line, but I goofed.


                        On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:12 AM, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

                        > **
                        >
                        >
                        > Ray Shapp wrote:
                        > >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester
                        >
                        > It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)
                        >
                        > No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                        > http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm
                        >
                        > Lotta
                        >
                        >
                        >


                        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      • loro
                        ... I just copy-pasted your question from here. ... Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn t notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o) Lotta
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Ray wrote:
                          >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                          I just copy-pasted your question from here.

                          >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                          >subject line, but I goofed.

                          Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)

                          Lotta
                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.