Re: [NTO] Help! Can't log in.

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 8 10:10 AM
      Adrien Verlee wrote:
      > No problem here, did you look here?:
      > http://tinyurl.com/3ws4gyn

      which is:
      https://edit.europe.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.yahoo.com%2F&src=fpctx&partner=&intl=uk

      Yes, round and round until I'm dizzy, no luck.

      Just in case email will cease to work too sometime, I'll better say
      goodbye to all of you now.

      Axel
    • Alex Plantema
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 8 11:36 AM
        Op donderdag 8 september 2011 19:10 schreef Axel Berger:

        > Just in case email will cease to work too sometime, I'll better say
        > goodbye to all of you now.

        Your Yahoo id can be found in the headers of every message you send.
        Did you try that one?

        Alex.
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 8 12:06 PM
          Alex Plantema wrote:
          > Did you try that one?

          Did now. I found:

          There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.

          I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
          have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
          this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
          introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
          not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
          invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.

          Thanks

          Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
        • Mick Housel
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 8 12:29 PM
            My last guess would be to try logging in with the email listed in your
            signature since that what it shows as your email coming from.

            Mick

            Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

            On 9/8/2011 12:06 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
            > Alex Plantema wrote:
            >> Did you try that one?
            >
            > Did now. I found:

            > There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.
            >
            > I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
            > have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
            > this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
            > introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
            > not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
            > invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Axel

          • Al
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 8 11:35 PM
              FWIW a member of ntb-linux yahoogroup a few weeks ago reported prob
              logon to yahoogroups. That member got on using MSIE web browser whereas
              Firefox the yahoogroups logon didn't like.

              I myself also had logon failure of yahoogroups a few weeks ago.

              After my 8 to 10 repeated logon failures and search for lost password
              (but I already had the correct password) it then for no reason, and with
              no correction, and mysteriously, it logged on. This was using an older
              firefox on Linux.

              Due that for no reason it accepted what it had repeatedly rejected I
              concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better, not worse.

              --
              Alan.
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 10 7:26 AM
                Al wrote:
                > I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,

                With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                misunderstanding had ever existied. I lost my nice old password for
                nothing.

                The reason for trying was, by the way, that something or someone had set
                one of my NoteTab groups, fittingly the HTML one, to "fully featured"
                instead of functional and to 22 instead of 5 kB per mail.

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 10 11:12 AM
                  Axel Berger wrote:
                  > Al wrote:
                  >
                  >> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                  >>

                  > With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                  > is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                  > were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                  > misunderstanding had ever existied.

                  Aha. I see.

                  Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?

                  BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                  people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                  rectify it.

                  So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                  incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                  or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                  this problem? Thank you.

                  --
                  Alan.

                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 10 6:04 PM
                    On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
                    > Axel Berger wrote:
                    >> Al wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                    >>>

                    >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                    >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                    >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                    >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
                    >
                    > Aha. I see.
                    >
                    > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
                    >
                    > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                    > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                    > rectify it.
                    >
                    > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                    > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                    > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                    > this problem? Thank you.

                    Al, all,

                    The extreme bottom link on every list message;

                    will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
                    to report trouble.

                    http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

                    ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

                    • E. Coli Happens.

                    € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                  • Ray Shapp
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                      NTB Off Topic

                      What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

                      The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
                      also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
                      what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
                      acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

                      Thanks for the help.

                      Ray Shapp

                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                        Ray Shapp wrote:
                        >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

                        It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

                        No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                        http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

                        Lotta
                      • Ray Shapp
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
                          Hi Lotta,

                          Many thanks!

                          I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                          Ray Shapp

                          PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                          subject line, but I goofed.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
                            Ray wrote:
                            >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                            I just copy-pasted your question from here.

                            >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                            >subject line, but I goofed.

                            Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)