Re: [NTO] Help! Can't log in.

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
      Op 8/09/2011 18:49, Axel Berger schreef:
      > password, but now Yahoo wants some "full yahoo ID" which I never heard
      > of.
      >
      > What am I to do?

      No problem here, did you look here?:
      http://tinyurl.com/3ws4gyn
      --
      Adrien
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
        Mick Housel wrote:
        > Try your username@... and see if that works.

        Did that, no luck.

        > That's assuming that
        > you were using a regular yahoo account to access the groups.

        No idea what's regular or irregular here. I've had that account for many
        years and it used to work.

        Danke
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
          Adrien Verlee wrote:
          > No problem here, did you look here?:
          > http://tinyurl.com/3ws4gyn

          which is:
          https://edit.europe.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.yahoo.com%2F&src=fpctx&partner=&intl=uk

          Yes, round and round until I'm dizzy, no luck.

          Just in case email will cease to work too sometime, I'll better say
          goodbye to all of you now.

          Axel
        • Alex Plantema
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
            Op donderdag 8 september 2011 19:10 schreef Axel Berger:

            > Just in case email will cease to work too sometime, I'll better say
            > goodbye to all of you now.

            Your Yahoo id can be found in the headers of every message you send.
            Did you try that one?

            Alex.
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
              Alex Plantema wrote:
              > Did you try that one?

              Did now. I found:

              There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.

              I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
              have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
              this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
              introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
              not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
              invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.

              Thanks

              Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
            • Mick Housel
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                My last guess would be to try logging in with the email listed in your
                signature since that what it shows as your email coming from.

                Mick

                Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

                On 9/8/2011 12:06 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
                > Alex Plantema wrote:
                >> Did you try that one?
                >
                > Did now. I found:

                > There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.
                >
                > I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
                > have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
                > this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
                > introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
                > not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
                > invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.
                >
                > Thanks
                > Axel

              • Al
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                  FWIW a member of ntb-linux yahoogroup a few weeks ago reported prob
                  logon to yahoogroups. That member got on using MSIE web browser whereas
                  Firefox the yahoogroups logon didn't like.

                  I myself also had logon failure of yahoogroups a few weeks ago.

                  After my 8 to 10 repeated logon failures and search for lost password
                  (but I already had the correct password) it then for no reason, and with
                  no correction, and mysteriously, it logged on. This was using an older
                  firefox on Linux.

                  Due that for no reason it accepted what it had repeatedly rejected I
                  concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better, not worse.

                  --
                  Alan.
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                    Al wrote:
                    > I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,

                    With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                    is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                    were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                    misunderstanding had ever existied. I lost my nice old password for
                    nothing.

                    The reason for trying was, by the way, that something or someone had set
                    one of my NoteTab groups, fittingly the HTML one, to "fully featured"
                    instead of functional and to 22 instead of 5 kB per mail.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                      Axel Berger wrote:
                      > Al wrote:
                      >
                      >> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                      >>

                      > With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                      > is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                      > were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                      > misunderstanding had ever existied.

                      Aha. I see.

                      Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?

                      BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                      people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                      rectify it.

                      So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                      incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                      or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                      this problem? Thank you.

                      --
                      Alan.

                    • hsavage
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                        On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
                        > Axel Berger wrote:
                        >> Al wrote:
                        >>
                        >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                        >>>

                        >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                        >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                        >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                        >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
                        >
                        > Aha. I see.
                        >
                        > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
                        >
                        > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                        > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                        > rectify it.
                        >
                        > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                        > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                        > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                        > this problem? Thank you.

                        Al, all,

                        The extreme bottom link on every list message;

                        will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
                        to report trouble.

                        http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

                        ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

                        • E. Coli Happens.

                        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                      • Ray Shapp
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                          NTB Off Topic

                          What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

                          The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
                          also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
                          what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
                          acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

                          Thanks for the help.

                          Ray Shapp

                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                            Ray Shapp wrote:
                            >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

                            It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

                            No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                            http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

                            Lotta
                          • Ray Shapp
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
                              Hi Lotta,

                              Many thanks!

                              I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                              Ray Shapp

                              PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                              subject line, but I goofed.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
                                Ray wrote:
                                >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                                I just copy-pasted your question from here.

                                >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                                >subject line, but I goofed.

                                Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)