Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [NTO] Help! Can't log in.

Expand Messages
  • Mick Housel
    Try your username@yahoo.com and see if that works. That s assuming that you were using a regular yahoo account to access the groups. Mick Some days it s just
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
      Try your username@... and see if that works. That's assuming that
      you were using a regular yahoo account to access the groups.

      Mick

      Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

      On 9/8/2011 9:49 AM, Axel Berger wrote:
      > I just wanted to visit the web interface to Yahoo Groups again to check
      > my settings and I can't log in any more. I used to have a username and
      > password, but now Yahoo wants some "full yahoo ID" which I never heard
      > of.
      >
      > What am I to do?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Axel
      >
    • Axel Berger
      ... Adendum. I just tried the forgot my ID option and it worked, but is no ... The search results for your forgotten Yahoo ID are listed below:
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
        Axel Berger wrote:
        > but now Yahoo wants some "full yahoo ID" which I never heard of.

        Adendum. I just tried the "forgot my ID" option and it worked, but is no
        help. I received this email:

        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        The search results for your forgotten Yahoo ID are listed below:

        <my_old_username>

        You can request a new password for your account
        by going to the Forgot Password screen.
        http://edit.my.yahoo.com/config/eval_forgot_pw

        Thank you for using Yahoo!
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

        That's no use when the old username is no longer recognized.

        What am I to do?
      • Adrien Verlee
        ... No problem here, did you look here?: http://tinyurl.com/3ws4gyn -- Adrien
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
          Op 8/09/2011 18:49, Axel Berger schreef:
          > password, but now Yahoo wants some "full yahoo ID" which I never heard
          > of.
          >
          > What am I to do?

          No problem here, did you look here?:
          http://tinyurl.com/3ws4gyn
          --
          Adrien
        • Axel Berger
          ... Did that, no luck. ... No idea what s regular or irregular here. I ve had that account for many years and it used to work. Danke Axel
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
            Mick Housel wrote:
            > Try your username@... and see if that works.

            Did that, no luck.

            > That's assuming that
            > you were using a regular yahoo account to access the groups.

            No idea what's regular or irregular here. I've had that account for many
            years and it used to work.

            Danke
            Axel
          • Axel Berger
            ... which is: https://edit.europe.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.yahoo.com%2F&src=fpctx&partner=&intl=uk Yes, round and round until I m dizzy, no
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
              Adrien Verlee wrote:
              > No problem here, did you look here?:
              > http://tinyurl.com/3ws4gyn

              which is:
              https://edit.europe.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.yahoo.com%2F&src=fpctx&partner=&intl=uk

              Yes, round and round until I'm dizzy, no luck.

              Just in case email will cease to work too sometime, I'll better say
              goodbye to all of you now.

              Axel
            • Alex Plantema
              ... Your Yahoo id can be found in the headers of every message you send. Did you try that one? Alex.
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                Op donderdag 8 september 2011 19:10 schreef Axel Berger:

                > Just in case email will cease to work too sometime, I'll better say
                > goodbye to all of you now.

                Your Yahoo id can be found in the headers of every message you send.
                Did you try that one?

                Alex.
              • Axel Berger
                ... Did now. I found: X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: Message-ID: X-Yahoo-Profile: There is no
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                  Alex Plantema wrote:
                  > Did you try that one?

                  Did now. I found:

                  X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: <something_mostly_numerical>
                  Message-ID: <4E68F6FA.DEAE68C6@...>
                  X-Yahoo-Profile: <my_old_username>

                  There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.

                  I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
                  have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
                  this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
                  introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
                  not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
                  invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.

                  Thanks
                  Axel

                  --
                  Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 2174/ 7439 07
                  Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
                  D-51519 Odenthal-Heide eMail: Axel-Berger@...
                  Deutschland (Germany) http://berger-odenthal.de
                • Mick Housel
                  My last guess would be to try logging in with the email listed in your signature since that what it shows as your email coming from. Mick Some days it s just
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                    My last guess would be to try logging in with the email listed in your
                    signature since that what it shows as your email coming from.

                    Mick

                    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

                    On 9/8/2011 12:06 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
                    > Alex Plantema wrote:
                    >> Did you try that one?
                    >
                    > Did now. I found:
                    >
                    > X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:<something_mostly_numerical>
                    > Message-ID:<4E68F6FA.DEAE68C6@...>
                    > X-Yahoo-Profile:<my_old_username>
                    >
                    > There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.
                    >
                    > I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
                    > have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
                    > this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
                    > introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
                    > not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
                    > invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    > Axel
                    >
                  • Al
                    FWIW a member of ntb-linux yahoogroup a few weeks ago reported prob logon to yahoogroups. That member got on using MSIE web browser whereas Firefox the
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                      FWIW a member of ntb-linux yahoogroup a few weeks ago reported prob
                      logon to yahoogroups. That member got on using MSIE web browser whereas
                      Firefox the yahoogroups logon didn't like.

                      I myself also had logon failure of yahoogroups a few weeks ago.

                      After my 8 to 10 repeated logon failures and search for lost password
                      (but I already had the correct password) it then for no reason, and with
                      no correction, and mysteriously, it logged on. This was using an older
                      firefox on Linux.

                      Due that for no reason it accepted what it had repeatedly rejected I
                      concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better, not worse.

                      --
                      Alan.
                    • Axel Berger
                      ... With the new login form insisting on some full ID , while all I ve got is what could be called a short ID, I didn t quite believe you, but you were right
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                        Al wrote:
                        > I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,

                        With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                        is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                        were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                        misunderstanding had ever existied. I lost my nice old password for
                        nothing.

                        The reason for trying was, by the way, that something or someone had set
                        one of my NoteTab groups, fittingly the HTML one, to "fully featured"
                        instead of functional and to 22 instead of 5 kB per mail.

                        Axel

                        --
                        Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 2174/ 7439 07
                        Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
                        D-51519 Odenthal-Heide eMail: Axel-Berger@...
                        Deutschland (Germany) http://berger-odenthal.de
                      • Al
                        ... Aha. I see. Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps? BTW I didn t yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more people who do so, the higher
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                          Axel Berger wrote:
                          > Al wrote:
                          >
                          >> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                          >>
                          >
                          > With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                          > is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                          > were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                          > misunderstanding had ever existied.

                          Aha. I see.

                          Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?

                          BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                          people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                          rectify it.

                          So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                          incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                          or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                          this problem? Thank you.

                          --
                          Alan.



                          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                        • hsavage
                          ... Al, all, The extreme bottom link on every list message; will lead you to this link and it appears you ll eventually be able to report trouble.
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                            On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
                            > Axel Berger wrote:
                            >> Al wrote:
                            >>
                            >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                            >>>
                            >>
                            >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                            >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                            >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                            >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
                            >
                            > Aha. I see.
                            >
                            > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
                            >
                            > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                            > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                            > rectify it.
                            >
                            > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                            > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                            > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                            > this problem? Thank you.
                            >

                            Al, all,

                            The extreme bottom link on every list message;

                            will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
                            to report trouble.

                            http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

                            --
                            ···············································
                            ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

                            • E. Coli Happens.

                            € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                          • Ray Shapp
                            NTB Off Topic What does P.G. stand for on a computer power supply tester? The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It also shows
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                              NTB Off Topic

                              What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

                              The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
                              also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
                              what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
                              acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

                              Thanks for the help.

                              Ray Shapp


                              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                            • loro
                              ... It stands for Power Good of course! :-) No, I didn t know. I ve never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                                Ray Shapp wrote:
                                >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

                                It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

                                No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                                http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

                                Lotta
                              • Ray Shapp
                                Hi Lotta, Many thanks! I Googled too, but didn t use any fruitful search terms. Ray Shapp PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change
                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
                                  Hi Lotta,

                                  Many thanks!

                                  I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                                  Ray Shapp

                                  PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                                  subject line, but I goofed.


                                  On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:12 AM, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

                                  > **
                                  >
                                  >
                                  > Ray Shapp wrote:
                                  > >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester
                                  >
                                  > It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)
                                  >
                                  > No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                                  > http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm
                                  >
                                  > Lotta
                                  >
                                  >
                                  >


                                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                • loro
                                  ... I just copy-pasted your question from here. ... Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn t notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o) Lotta
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
                                    Ray wrote:
                                    >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                                    I just copy-pasted your question from here.

                                    >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                                    >subject line, but I goofed.

                                    Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)

                                    Lotta
                                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.