Help! Can't log in.

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
      I just wanted to visit the web interface to Yahoo Groups again to check
      my settings and I can't log in any more. I used to have a username and
      password, but now Yahoo wants some "full yahoo ID" which I never heard
      of.

      What am I to do?

      Thanks

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
    • Mick Housel
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
        Try your username@... and see if that works. That's assuming that
        you were using a regular yahoo account to access the groups.

        Mick

        Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
          Axel Berger wrote:
          > but now Yahoo wants some "full yahoo ID" which I never heard of.

          Adendum. I just tried the "forgot my ID" option and it worked, but is no
          help. I received this email:

          The search results for your forgotten Yahoo ID are listed below:

          <my_old_username>

          You can request a new password for your account
          by going to the Forgot Password screen.
          http://edit.my.yahoo.com/config/eval_forgot_pw

          Thank you for using Yahoo!

          That's no use when the old username is no longer recognized.

          What am I to do?
        • Adrien Verlee
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
            Op 8/09/2011 18:49, Axel Berger schreef:
            > password, but now Yahoo wants some "full yahoo ID" which I never heard
            > of.
            >
            > What am I to do?

            No problem here, did you look here?:
            http://tinyurl.com/3ws4gyn
            --
            Adrien
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
              Mick Housel wrote:
              > Try your username@... and see if that works.

              Did that, no luck.

              > That's assuming that
              > you were using a regular yahoo account to access the groups.

              No idea what's regular or irregular here. I've had that account for many
              years and it used to work.

              Danke
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                Adrien Verlee wrote:
                > No problem here, did you look here?:
                > http://tinyurl.com/3ws4gyn

                which is:
                https://edit.europe.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.yahoo.com%2F&src=fpctx&partner=&intl=uk

                Yes, round and round until I'm dizzy, no luck.

                Just in case email will cease to work too sometime, I'll better say
                goodbye to all of you now.

                Axel
              • Alex Plantema
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                  Op donderdag 8 september 2011 19:10 schreef Axel Berger:

                  > Just in case email will cease to work too sometime, I'll better say
                  > goodbye to all of you now.

                  Your Yahoo id can be found in the headers of every message you send.
                  Did you try that one?

                  Alex.
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                    Alex Plantema wrote:
                    > Did you try that one?

                    Did now. I found:

                    There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.

                    I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
                    have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
                    this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
                    introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
                    not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
                    invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                      My last guess would be to try logging in with the email listed in your
                      signature since that what it shows as your email coming from.

                      On 9/8/2011 12:06 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
                      > Alex Plantema wrote:
                      >> Did you try that one?
                      >
                      > Did now. I found:

                      > There is no "full ID" with an @domain part anywhere.
                      >
                      > I might try one thing more, but that might break things completely. I
                      > have an old simple five-character password (how critically important is
                      > this, after all?). I've had it before on another site when they
                      > introduced new more stringent rules, that they did their length ckecking
                      > not only on newly created passwords but on long existing ones too,
                      > invalidating them and making it impossible to log in.
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      > Axel

                    • Al
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 8, 2011
                        FWIW a member of ntb-linux yahoogroup a few weeks ago reported prob
                        logon to yahoogroups. That member got on using MSIE web browser whereas
                        Firefox the yahoogroups logon didn't like.

                        I myself also had logon failure of yahoogroups a few weeks ago.

                        After my 8 to 10 repeated logon failures and search for lost password
                        (but I already had the correct password) it then for no reason, and with
                        no correction, and mysteriously, it logged on. This was using an older
                        firefox on Linux.

                        Due that for no reason it accepted what it had repeatedly rejected I
                        concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better, not worse.

                        --
                        Alan.
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                          Al wrote:
                          > I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,

                          With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                          is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                          were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                          misunderstanding had ever existied. I lost my nice old password for
                          nothing.

                          The reason for trying was, by the way, that something or someone had set
                          one of my NoteTab groups, fittingly the HTML one, to "fully featured"
                          instead of functional and to 22 instead of 5 kB per mail.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                            Axel Berger wrote:
                            > Al wrote:
                            >
                            >> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                            >>

                            > With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                            > is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                            > were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                            > misunderstanding had ever existied.

                            Aha. I see.

                            Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?

                            BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                            people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                            rectify it.

                            So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                            incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                            or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                            this problem? Thank you.

                            --
                            Alan.

                          • hsavage
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 10, 2011
                              On 9/10/2011 1:12 PM, Al wrote:
                              > Axel Berger wrote:
                              >> Al wrote:
                              >>
                              >>> I concluded the yahoo servers are whacky. Hope it gets better,
                              >>>

                              >> With the new login form insisting on some "full ID", while all I've got
                              >> is what could be called a short ID, I didn't quite believe you, but you
                              >> were right after all. Today they let me in, smiling as if no
                              >> misunderstanding had ever existied.
                              >
                              > Aha. I see.
                              >
                              > Servers with intermittent delusions, perhaps?
                              >
                              > BTW I didn't yet try to notify them of the incident. But, the more
                              > people who do so, the higher the likelihood that they'll do something to
                              > rectify it.
                              >
                              > So, would whoever discovers the Yahoo "reporting page" to report
                              > incidents like this, would that person please share the www page address
                              > or url here so as to make it easier for others of us to notify Yahoo of
                              > this problem? Thank you.

                              Al, all,

                              The extreme bottom link on every list message;

                              will lead you to this link and it appears you'll eventually be able
                              to report trouble.

                              http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=product&y=PROD_ACCT&pir=4YYibWdibUms4BGB4qs.nw9Kgaf5_.O3DlG2OWvYC0_soyHGwOhGO1_3ru3Cs1SArwBj9fMHrvusSana

                              ¤• JD#...253 - ¤• SL...415 - 11.09.10~17.24.26

                              • E. Coli Happens.

                              € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                            • Ray Shapp
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                                NTB Off Topic

                                What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester?

                                The tester has an LCD screen on which various voltages are displayed. It
                                also shows a value for P.G. in milliseconds. The user manual doesn't say
                                what the measurement is for, but it does show an upper and lower range of
                                acceptable values to be between 200ms and 500ms.

                                Thanks for the help.

                                Ray Shapp

                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 28, 2011
                                  Ray Shapp wrote:
                                  >What does "P.G." stand for on a computer power supply tester

                                  It stands for "Power Good" of course! :-)

                                  No, I didn't know. I've never seen a power supply tester. I googled it.
                                  http://www.passmark.com/support/lcd-power-supply-tester-faq.htm

                                  Lotta
                                • Ray Shapp
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 29, 2011
                                    Hi Lotta,

                                    Many thanks!

                                    I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                                    Ray Shapp

                                    PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                                    subject line, but I goofed.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 30, 2011
                                      Ray wrote:
                                      >I Googled too, but didn't use any fruitful search terms.

                                      I just copy-pasted your question from here.

                                      >PS, Sorry about jumping into this thread. I had intended to change the
                                      >subject line, but I goofed.

                                      Yeah, sorry from me too. I didn't notice. Who reads the subject line, eh? ;-o)