how do I convert jpegs to playable format in dvd/vcd ?

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 7 , May 27, 2011
      I have googled but have not found a freeware/open source app to convert
      my photos to a DVD I can play on our TV.

      Any suggestions?
      -Mike
    • Adrien Verlee
      Message 2 of 7 , May 27, 2011
        Op 27/05/2011 13:40, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV schreef:
        > I have googled but have not found a freeware/open source app to convert
        > my photos to a DVD I can play on our TV.

        IrfanView
        It have a button for CD (slideshow). Perhaps it works also for DVD.

        --
        Adrien
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 7 , May 27, 2011
          On 5/27/2011 7:58 AM, Adrien Verlee wrote:
          > Op 27/05/2011 13:40, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV schreef:
          > > I have googled but have not found a freeware/open source app to convert
          > > my photos to a DVD I can play on our TV.
          >
          > IrfanView
          > It have a button for CD (slideshow). Perhaps it works also for DVD.

          I tried that but it requires Nero to burn anything other than a data disk.
          I do not have Nero.

          Thanks,
          -Mike
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 7 , May 27, 2011
            Hi
            have a look in the manual and find out the formats that will play ?
            if you WIN7 there is probably live movie\slide maker already installed
            irfanview in slideshow mode will also work but will save as jpeg on a data
            DVD, depends on what your dvd player will play find out first .
            THANKYOU DAVE M

            > I have googled but have not found a freeware/open source app to convert
            > my photos to a DVD I can play on our TV.
            >
            > Any suggestions?
            > -Mike

          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 7 , May 27, 2011
              Hi Mike,

              On 27 May 11 14:02 "Dave" <dmc43959@...> said:
              > have a look in the manual and find out the formats that will play ?
              > if you WIN7 there is probably live movie\slide maker already
              > installed irfanview in slideshow mode will also work but will save
              > as jpeg on a data DVD, depends on what your dvd player will play
              > find out first .

              Have a look in your DVD player manual and TV manual too! My TV has a
              USB port and will happily play .jpg files found on a Flash drive
              inserted there. My DVD player will also play CDs that contain JPG
              files. I can copy files back to my camera and they will play on the TV
              when it is connected via the appropriate cables.

              Greg
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 7 , May 27, 2011
                On 5/27/2011 9:19 AM, Greg Chapman wrote:
                > Hi Mike,
                >
                > On 27 May 11 14:02 "Dave" <dmc43959@...
                > <mailto:dmc43959%40bigpond.net.au>> said:
                > > have a look in the manual and find out the formats that will play ?
                > > if you WIN7 there is probably live movie\slide maker already
                > > installed irfanview in slideshow mode will also work but will save
                > > as jpeg on a data DVD, depends on what your dvd player will play
                > > find out first .
                >
                > Have a look in your DVD player manual and TV manual too! My TV has a
                > USB port and will happily play .jpg files found on a Flash drive
                > inserted there. My DVD player will also play CDs that contain JPG
                > files.

                Thanks, Greg and Dave.
                Our DVD player is almost 7 years old, our TV even older.
                The DVD manual makes no mention of playing anything like JPEGs, only MPEGs.

                I have resisted upgrading because of the millions of TVs, etc which have
                been land-filled or send to India to be parted out by children.

                > I can copy files back to my camera and they will play on the TV
                > when it is connected via the appropriate cables.

                Ahhh, yes. I think those cable may still be around somewhere.
                I will look.
                Thanks,
                -Mike

                -Mike