Re: [NTO] Please vote to help wildlife

  • Harold Noffke
    Message 1 of 9 , May 25, 2011
      I agree with Axel. I'm not familiar with Facebook, but I don't see why the
      NoteTab community needs it's functions.

      RetiredEngineer1

      Message 2 of 9 , May 25, 2011
        I didn't see where Sheri asked that Facebook become a part of NoteTab or
        asked that everyone join up. She simply asked that if folks would be so
        kind as to support a cause that's obviously dear to her, she'd
        appreciate it. I'm sure that's why she placed it here on the Off Topic
        list. :)

        Social media is here to stay and will be an integral part of the online
        world as it moves forward. That doesn't mean that y'all have to jump on
        the bandwagon and participate but I personally don't think that others
        that choose to participate should be slighted for that. As the article
        Sheri references infers, the key in the phrase is "social" and that
        should and does include folks associating with each other and helping
        with worthy causes. I think all of us can appreciate the value of that.

        I think it's sad that so many don't care about what happens to others
        unless it directly effects them. Too bad that people seem to have become
        so self-centered and seemingly uncaring. And no, that's not directed at
        anyone particular on this list or otherwise, just a general observation
        about society today.

        Just my .02 worth. </minirant>

        Mick

        "It took me all this time to lose my mind, what on earth made you think
        I would want a piece of yours?" - Unknown

        Message 3 of 9 , May 25, 2011
          Mick Housel wrote:
          > I personally don't think that others
          > that choose to participate should be slighted for that.

          I absolutely agree. Nearly all my family is in there, which is why I had
          joined and been a member for something over half a year or longer. But I
          decided it's just not for me. My answer was not to slight participants,
          but just to say that i normally would have helped Sheri's cause but in
          this ase I can't.

          The other reactions confirm, why it is that I feel so much at home and
          with friends in this group of non-WYSIWYG pure text editor users. Some
          things are just not meant for us.