Re: Reply to members, was: [NTO] parts of an inch

    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2011
      Harold Noffke wrote:
      > Delivery to the following recipients failed.
      > absalom_nemini@...
      >
      > What am I still doing wrong?

      I've no idea, frankly. How did you come up with that address? I have
      just tried it out. Viewing a message I see the sender's truncated
      address to the right of it, which in my case begins with Axel-Berger@...
      At the top there is a reply button and you can choose between "to
      group", "to sender", and "to group owner". Choosing the second you still
      won't see the full address but the message will go out. I just tried
      sending one each to you and to me and mine worked.

      At first I thought it must be my mistake. I did use the Absalom
      pseudonym once and at first did enter one such address into Yahoo, but
      it never ever was a yahoo.com address. It doesn't exist and as far as I
      can remember (may be faulty) it never did. How did you come by that
      address?

      Axel
    • Alex Plantema
      Message 2 of 7 , May 15, 2011
        Op zaterdag 14 mei 2011 22:02 schreef Axel Berger:

        > Harold Noffke wrote:
        >> I clicked "Reply to sender" in "Windows Live Mail"
        >
        > Sorry, Harold, this is one more layer of sillyness than I had reckoned
        > with. You are not, as I had assumed, using the web interface of the
        > yahoo-groups, -- see the link to
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-OffTopic/> automatically added to
        > the bottom of this message -- but are receiving list mails. But you
        > are not using a decent email program and instead access mail through
        > a web interface. This is something I only do in emergencies and then
        > never the Microsoft one.
        >
        > But I have got a hotmail address for the rare occasions, when I need

        Windows Live Mail is an e-mail program, not a web interface like
        Windows Live Hotmail.

        Alex.
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15, 2011
          Alex Plantema wrote:
          > Windows Live Mail is an e-mail program,

          Thanks, Alex, didn't know that. Is it the successor to Outlook express?
          I seem to half remember having read something about its demise.

          Danke
          Axel
        • Alex Plantema
          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2011
            Op zondag 15 mei 2011 10:37 schreef Axel Berger:

            > Alex Plantema wrote:
            >> Windows Live Mail is an e-mail program,
            >
            > Thanks, Alex, didn't know that. Is it the successor to Outlook
            > express? I seem to half remember having read something about its
            > demise.

            Windows Mail was the successor of Outlook Express.
            It was a part of Windows Vista, but discontinued with Windows 7.

            Windows Live Mail is a separate program, which can be installed
            on Windows XP, Vista and 7.

            Alex.
          • Harold Noffke
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2011
              Axel:

              Re: How did you come by that address?

              Please see the attached Off Topic .png file for a screen shot of where I
              found "absalom_nemini" for your posting.

              I can't speak to Windows Live Mail's provenance, but I can tell you that
              what it does is create a slightly rearranged mirror of everything in my
              HotMail account.

              I am still baffled by the directions you gave me to locate personal email
              addresses in the ntb-Offtopic Yahoo header (see 2nd .png pic). The "to
              group", "to sender", and "to group owner" link names do not appear there.

              Sorry I'm causing so much confusion. Should I be trying something else?

              Thanks.
              RetiredEngineer1

              "Old engineers never die -- they just get confused."