Re: Reply to members, was: [NTO] parts of an inch

  • Harold Noffke
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14 6:49 PM
      Axel:

      I went to the Off-Topic website and tried to send you a personal test
      message, but it bounced ...

      Delivery to the following recipients failed.
      absalom_nemini@...

      What am I still doing wrong?

      Thanks.
      RetiredEngineer1

      Message 2 of 7 , May 14 11:12 PM
        Harold Noffke wrote:
        > Delivery to the following recipients failed.
        > absalom_nemini@...
        >
        > What am I still doing wrong?

        I've no idea, frankly. How did you come up with that address? I have
        just tried it out. Viewing a message I see the sender's truncated
        address to the right of it, which in my case begins with Axel-Berger@...
        At the top there is a reply button and you can choose between "to
        group", "to sender", and "to group owner". Choosing the second you still
        won't see the full address but the message will go out. I just tried
        sending one each to you and to me and mine worked.

        At first I thought it must be my mistake. I did use the Absalom
        pseudonym once and at first did enter one such address into Yahoo, but
        it never ever was a yahoo.com address. It doesn't exist and as far as I
        can remember (may be faulty) it never did. How did you come by that
        address?

        Axel
      • Alex Plantema
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15 1:18 AM
          Op zaterdag 14 mei 2011 22:02 schreef Axel Berger:

          > Harold Noffke wrote:
          >> I clicked "Reply to sender" in "Windows Live Mail"
          >
          > Sorry, Harold, this is one more layer of sillyness than I had reckoned
          > with. You are not, as I had assumed, using the web interface of the
          > yahoo-groups, -- see the link to
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-OffTopic/> automatically added to
          > the bottom of this message -- but are receiving list mails. But you
          > are not using a decent email program and instead access mail through
          > a web interface. This is something I only do in emergencies and then
          > never the Microsoft one.
          >
          > But I have got a hotmail address for the rare occasions, when I need

          Windows Live Mail is an e-mail program, not a web interface like
          Windows Live Hotmail.

          Alex.
          Message 4 of 7 , May 15 1:37 AM
            Alex Plantema wrote:
            > Windows Live Mail is an e-mail program,

            Thanks, Alex, didn't know that. Is it the successor to Outlook express?
            I seem to half remember having read something about its demise.

            Danke
            Axel
          • Alex Plantema
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15 3:16 AM
              Op zondag 15 mei 2011 10:37 schreef Axel Berger:

              > Alex Plantema wrote:
              >> Windows Live Mail is an e-mail program,
              >
              > Thanks, Alex, didn't know that. Is it the successor to Outlook
              > express? I seem to half remember having read something about its
              > demise.

              Windows Mail was the successor of Outlook Express.
              It was a part of Windows Vista, but discontinued with Windows 7.

              Windows Live Mail is a separate program, which can be installed
              on Windows XP, Vista and 7.

              Alex.
            • Harold Noffke
              Message 6 of 7 , May 15 12:08 PM
                Axel:

                Re: How did you come by that address?

                Please see the attached Off Topic .png file for a screen shot of where I
                found "absalom_nemini" for your posting.

                I can't speak to Windows Live Mail's provenance, but I can tell you that
                what it does is create a slightly rearranged mirror of everything in my
                HotMail account.

                I am still baffled by the directions you gave me to locate personal email
                addresses in the ntb-Offtopic Yahoo header (see 2nd .png pic). The "to
                group", "to sender", and "to group owner" link names do not appear there.

                Sorry I'm causing so much confusion. Should I be trying something else?

                Thanks.
                RetiredEngineer1

                "Old engineers never die -- they just get confused."