Re: [NTO] parts of an inch

    Message 1 of 14 , May 12, 2011
      Harold Noffke wrote:
      > How you get my personal address on this public website is
      > another issue.

      Let me amplify Lotta's answer. This is not a website or a forum but a
      mailing list, meaning a pseudo-email-address distributiong all incoming
      mail to a lot of real adresses. Using this you get all the power and
      features of your mail program. Yahoo also offer a web interface into the
      list. This is a nice fallback when not at home and using a someone
      else's computer but nothing more.
      While you need to become accepted as a member before reading posts the
      normal way the Web interface is open to all. For this and other reasons
      addresses are protected. You can still send mail to participants through
      a web form.

      Axel
    • Harold Noffke
      Message 2 of 14 , May 14, 2011
        Axel,

        I clicked "Reply to sender" in "Windows Live Mail" to send this message.
        You say, "You can still send mail to participants through a web form."
        Where do I find this form?

        Thanks.
        RE1

        > How you get my personal address on this public website is
        > another issue.

        Let me amplify Lotta's answer. This is not a website or a forum but a
        mailing list, meaning a pseudo-email-address distributiong all incoming
        mail to a lot of real adresses. Using this you get all the power and
        features of your mail program. Yahoo also offer a web interface into the
        list. This is a nice fallback when not at home and using a someone
        else's computer but nothing more.
        While you need to become accepted as a member before reading posts the
        normal way the Web interface is open to all. For this and other reasons
        addresses are protected. You can still send mail to participants through
        a web form.

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 14 , May 14, 2011
          Hi Harold,

          On 14 May 11 16:32 Harold Noffke <noffkehw@...> said:
          > I clicked "Reply to sender" in "Windows Live Mail" to send this
          > message. You say, "You can still send mail to participants through a
          > web form." Where do I find this form?

          See the list of links you'll see at the end of any message - that's if
          you've set your YahooGroups preferences to "Traditional". If you don;t
          your mail is invested with bandwidth wasteing graphical adverts, and
          you don;t see the links...

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > <-> To visit your group on the web, go to:

          Greg