Re: [NTO] parts of an inch

  • Harold Noffke
    Message 1 of 14 , May 12, 2011
      Lotta:

      It may help you to have available on-screen horizontal and vertical rulers.
      There's an old freeware app called "Screen Loupe" which has these rulers in
      its Tools menu. The magnifier won't work in Windows 7 Aero mode, but will
      work in Windows 7 Classic mode. The rulers work in both modes.

      You can download Loupe from http://members.aol.com/GreggBraun/HomePage.htm.
      If you have trouble from this site, I'll be happy to email a .zip file to
      you, if you will just send me your personal email address.

      How you get my personal address on this public website is another issue.
      I've no experience emailing person-to-person in NoteTab's forums, so beyond
      officially authorizing you to have my address I am clueless.

      Regards,
      RetiredEngineer1

      Message 2 of 14 , May 12, 2011
        Harold Noffke wrote:
        >You can download Loupe from http://members.aol.com/GreggBraun/HomePage.htm.
        >If you have trouble from this site, I'll be happy to email a .zip file to
        >you, if you will just send me your personal email address.

        Thanks Harold, but I actually have it already. The measuring isn't
        the problem really, I can do it on paper, it's just that the sizes in
        their tables don't add up. I need to talk to them anyway since there
        are other things I want to ask so I'll let them sort it out.

        >How you get my personal address on this public website is another issue.
        >I've no experience emailing person-to-person in NoteTab's forums, so beyond
        >officially authorizing you to have my address I am clueless.

        The original sender's email address is in the headers if you can make
        them visible in your email program.

        Lotta AKA Yeti
        Message 3 of 14 , May 12, 2011
          Harold Noffke wrote:
          > How you get my personal address on this public website is
          > another issue.

          Let me amplify Lotta's answer. This is not a website or a forum but a
          mailing list, meaning a pseudo-email-address distributiong all incoming
          mail to a lot of real adresses. Using this you get all the power and
          features of your mail program. Yahoo also offer a web interface into the
          list. This is a nice fallback when not at home and using a someone
          else's computer but nothing more.
          While you need to become accepted as a member before reading posts the
          normal way the Web interface is open to all. For this and other reasons
          addresses are protected. You can still send mail to participants through
          a web form.

          Axel
        • Harold Noffke
          Message 4 of 14 , May 14, 2011
            Axel,

            I clicked "Reply to sender" in "Windows Live Mail" to send this message.
            You say, "You can still send mail to participants through a web form."
            Where do I find this form?

            Thanks.
            RE1

            > How you get my personal address on this public website is
            > another issue.

            Let me amplify Lotta's answer. This is not a website or a forum but a
            mailing list, meaning a pseudo-email-address distributiong all incoming
            mail to a lot of real adresses. Using this you get all the power and
            features of your mail program. Yahoo also offer a web interface into the
            list. This is a nice fallback when not at home and using a someone
            else's computer but nothing more.
            While you need to become accepted as a member before reading posts the
            normal way the Web interface is open to all. For this and other reasons
            addresses are protected. You can still send mail to participants through
            a web form.

          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 14 , May 14, 2011
              Hi Harold,

              On 14 May 11 16:32 Harold Noffke <noffkehw@...> said:
              > I clicked "Reply to sender" in "Windows Live Mail" to send this
              > message. You say, "You can still send mail to participants through a
              > web form." Where do I find this form?

              See the list of links you'll see at the end of any message - that's if
              you've set your YahooGroups preferences to "Traditional". If you don;t
              your mail is invested with bandwidth wasteing graphical adverts, and
              you don;t see the links...

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              > <-> To visit your group on the web, go to:

              Greg