Re: [NTO] parts of an inch

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 14 , May 12 5:50 AM
      Hi Axel,

      On 12 May 11 12:48 Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said:
      > Those clowns have specified a width and height slightly off from the
      > true dimensions of the image. What you see are scaling artefacts.
      > If you right-click and view image you'll find, that what's actually
      > meant here are eighths.

      Goodness! You're right, of course, but my copy of Firefox 4.0.1 seemed
      not to lose the 0/8 difference, so I'd never had spotted that.

      Greg
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 14 , May 12 6:02 AM
        Hi
        use the footwear sizing chart it has both cm and in ,get a real ruler check
        before you print.
        THANKYOU DAVE M
        Message 3 of 14 , May 12 7:20 AM
          Axel Berger wrote:
          >loro wrote:
          > > Here is the table and the n/0 construct occurs several times.
          >
          >I've solved it, and this actually makes us on-topic again. Those clowns
          >have specified a width and height slightly off from the true dimensions
          >of the image. What you see are scaling artefacts. If you right-click
          >and view image you'll find, that what's actually meant here are eighths.

          By Jove, you are right! Never occurred to me as I see perfectly
          shaped zeros. Maybe I should stop cursing over these stupid American
          measurements then. ;-o)
          I'll tell them about this when I mail them.

          Dave wrote:
          >use the footwear sizing chart it has both cm and in ,get a real ruler check
          >before you print.

          I would, but it's only for kids. I've drawn the contour of my foot on
          a paper, but according to their conversion table I'm an European 40 -
          41 and I'm not, more like 38 - 39. Maybe I convert to the wrong kind
          of inches. On the other hand the footprint on the paper does look
          like the Yeti had put its paw on it... Better talk to them.

          Many thanks!
          Lotta
        • Harold Noffke
          Message 4 of 14 , May 12 9:38 AM
            Lotta:

            It may help you to have available on-screen horizontal and vertical rulers.
            There's an old freeware app called "Screen Loupe" which has these rulers in
            its Tools menu. The magnifier won't work in Windows 7 Aero mode, but will
            work in Windows 7 Classic mode. The rulers work in both modes.

            You can download Loupe from http://members.aol.com/GreggBraun/HomePage.htm.
            If you have trouble from this site, I'll be happy to email a .zip file to
            you, if you will just send me your personal email address.

            How you get my personal address on this public website is another issue.
            I've no experience emailing person-to-person in NoteTab's forums, so beyond
            officially authorizing you to have my address I am clueless.

            Regards,
            RetiredEngineer1

            Message 5 of 14 , May 12 12:19 PM
              Harold Noffke wrote:
              >You can download Loupe from http://members.aol.com/GreggBraun/HomePage.htm.
              >If you have trouble from this site, I'll be happy to email a .zip file to
              >you, if you will just send me your personal email address.

              Thanks Harold, but I actually have it already. The measuring isn't
              the problem really, I can do it on paper, it's just that the sizes in
              their tables don't add up. I need to talk to them anyway since there
              are other things I want to ask so I'll let them sort it out.

              >How you get my personal address on this public website is another issue.
              >I've no experience emailing person-to-person in NoteTab's forums, so beyond
              >officially authorizing you to have my address I am clueless.

              The original sender's email address is in the headers if you can make
              them visible in your email program.

              Lotta AKA Yeti
              Message 6 of 14 , May 12 1:23 PM
                Harold Noffke wrote:
                > How you get my personal address on this public website is
                > another issue.

                Let me amplify Lotta's answer. This is not a website or a forum but a
                mailing list, meaning a pseudo-email-address distributiong all incoming
                mail to a lot of real adresses. Using this you get all the power and
                features of your mail program. Yahoo also offer a web interface into the
                list. This is a nice fallback when not at home and using a someone
                else's computer but nothing more.
                While you need to become accepted as a member before reading posts the
                normal way the Web interface is open to all. For this and other reasons
                addresses are protected. You can still send mail to participants through
                a web form.

                Axel
              • Harold Noffke
                Message 7 of 14 , May 14 8:32 AM
                  Axel,

                  I clicked "Reply to sender" in "Windows Live Mail" to send this message.
                  You say, "You can still send mail to participants through a web form."
                  Where do I find this form?

                  Thanks.
                  RE1

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 14 10:13 AM
                    Hi Harold,

                    On 14 May 11 16:32 Harold Noffke <noffkehw@...> said:
                    > I clicked "Reply to sender" in "Windows Live Mail" to send this
                    > message. You say, "You can still send mail to participants through a
                    > web form." Where do I find this form?

                    See the list of links you'll see at the end of any message - that's if
                    you've set your YahooGroups preferences to "Traditional". If you don;t
                    your mail is invested with bandwidth wasteing graphical adverts, and
                    you don;t see the links...

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    > <-> To visit your group on the web, go to:

                    Greg