Re: [NTO] XP folder settings question

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 21, 2011
      SOLVED!
      I was just sent this:
      ===========
      This page, http://windowsxp.mvps.org/samewindow.htm has a .REG file you
      can download. After downloading, double click the file and allow the
      information to be merged into the registry. It really should fix it
      based on my reading of the .REG file, I hope it works for you.
      ===========

      That did the trick.

      -Mike

      On 3/21/2011 1:42 PM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > On 3/21/2011 8:29 AM, Dave wrote:
      > > Hi
      > > try going to folder options hitting the default button and then go to
      > view
      > > and reset all folders apply
      > > then do what you want again.
      > > THANKYOU DAVE M
      >
      > Tried that, then restarted.
      > No change.
      >
      > Thanks for the idea.
      > -Mike
      >
      > ==============

    • Alex Plantema
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 21, 2011
        Op vrijdag 18 maart 2011 11:03 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:

        > With my previous install I was able to set the folder "Open" action to
        > launch Explorer.
        > Also, I had my precious install set to open folder in the same window
        > as the current folder.
        >
        > Neither of these functions work with my new install even though I have
        > the setting changed to do so.
        >
        > Does anyone know if there are any registry settings which can be
        > added/installed to correct this?

        Open My Computer. Click Tools, Folder Options, tab File types.
        Select Folder in the list, Advanced, select explore under Actions.
        This might affect all users.

        Alex.