Re: [NTO] XP folder settings question

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 21 3:41 AM
      On 3/18/2011 7:00 AM, loro wrote:
      > Mike wrote:
      > >Also, I had my previous install set to open folders in the same window as
      > >the current folder.
      >
      > Open any folder and go to Tools | Folder Options -> General tab ->
      > Tick "Open each folder in the same window".

      This is still driving me nuts!
      All the folder/file setting mirror what are on my other XP machines.
      But, on this machine they do not function.

      Before I know it I have 10-15 folders open in separate windows

      Anyone know of a way of solving this via the registry?

      If all else fails I will start back tracking with Restore and see what
      happens. But, that will mean reinstalling Apps, et cetera.

      Thanks,
      -Mike
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 21 5:29 AM
        Hi
        try going to folder options hitting the default button and then go to view
        and reset all folders apply
        then do what you want again.
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 21 10:42 AM
          On 3/21/2011 8:29 AM, Dave wrote:
          > Hi
          > try going to folder options hitting the default button and then go to view
          > and reset all folders apply
          > then do what you want again.
          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          Tried that, then restarted.
          No change.

          Thanks for the idea.
          -Mike

          ==============

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 21 10:54 AM
            SOLVED!
            I was just sent this:
            ===========
            This page, http://windowsxp.mvps.org/samewindow.htm has a .REG file you
            can download. After downloading, double click the file and allow the
            information to be merged into the registry. It really should fix it
            based on my reading of the .REG file, I hope it works for you.
            ===========

            That did the trick.

            -Mike

            On 3/21/2011 1:42 PM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > On 3/21/2011 8:29 AM, Dave wrote:
            > > Hi
            > > try going to folder options hitting the default button and then go to
            > view
            > > and reset all folders apply
            > > then do what you want again.
            > > THANKYOU DAVE M
            >
            > Tried that, then restarted.
            > No change.
            >
            > Thanks for the idea.
            > -Mike
            >
            > ==============

          • Alex Plantema
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 21 11:07 AM
              Op vrijdag 18 maart 2011 11:03 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:

              > With my previous install I was able to set the folder "Open" action to
              > launch Explorer.
              > Also, I had my precious install set to open folder in the same window
              > as the current folder.
              >
              > Neither of these functions work with my new install even though I have
              > the setting changed to do so.
              >
              > Does anyone know if there are any registry settings which can be
              > added/installed to correct this?

              Open My Computer. Click Tools, Folder Options, tab File types.
              Select Folder in the list, Advanced, select explore under Actions.
              This might affect all users.

              Alex.