Skip to search.

Re: [NTO] Problems with Google maps in IE 8

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 16 4:19 AM
      Hi
      do you have Java installed I have found that maps do not work well with Java
      installed ?
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 16 4:24 AM
        Hi
        the map displays perfectly with days marked straight away no delay have got
        IE7 Pro with IE8 on top of it and no Java.
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 16 4:47 AM
          Dave wrote:
          > Hi
          > the map displays perfectly with days marked straight away no delay have got
          > IE7 Pro with IE8 on top of it and no Java.

          Dave,
          Does the route line show up?
          Are you running XP or Win 7?
          Thanks,
          -Mike

          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          Morgantown WV

          www.EpicRoadTrips.us
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 16 5:20 AM
            Hi
            running XP latest updates and four days show up ,it won"t let me go closer
            to see if anything else shows up. must go bed.
            THANKYOU DAVE M

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 16 5:38 AM
              Dave wrote:
              > Hi
              > running XP latest updates and four days show up ,it won"t let me go closer
              > to see if anything else shows up.

              Thanks. There are 4 days and you should be able to zoom into street level.

              > must go bed.
              Sleep well.
              -mb

              ==========
              > THANKYOU DAVE M

            • Gerard Huijing
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 16 6:03 AM
                On 12/16/2010 1:47 PM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:

                > Dave,
                > Does the route line show up?
                > Are you running XP or Win 7?
                > Thanks,
                > -Mike

                Your Google map loads without any problems here. I can zoom in until I
                get an actual Streetview photo. First time I have seen Wall Street,
                Winchester, Kentucky ever.

                It appears all is there too in the map. The color of the route line
                looks a bit odd between "Tue" and "Sat", but that is also the case in
                the other browsers I have used (Opera 10.63; FF 3.6.13).

                IE 8.0.6001.18702; WinXPPro SP3.

                Cheers,
                Gerard
                --
                Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
                2312 ZD Leiden
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 16 6:11 AM
                  Gerard Huijing wrote:

                  > Your Google map loads without any problems here. I can zoom in until I
                  > get an actual Streetview photo. First time I have seen Wall Street,
                  > Winchester, Kentucky ever.

                  Interesting little town.

                  > It appears all is there too in the map. The color of the route line
                  > looks a bit odd between "Tue" and "Sat", but that is also the case in
                  > the other browsers I have used (Opera 10.63; FF 3.6.13).

                  I am sure the line color is because of my color choice.
                  I m not a very good decorator.

                  I am thing now this may be a local problem on my end.

                  Thanks,
                  -Mike

                  --

                  Morgantown WV

                  www.EpicRoadTrips.us
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 16 6:48 AM
                    Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                    > I am sure the line color is because of my color choice.
                    > I m not a very good decorator.

                    If you can influence it think of us ten percent of all males, who are
                    colour deficient, and try to go for stronger contrast. Red and green and
                    purple of the same darkness are all the same, especially so for pastel
                    shades.

                    Danke
                    Axel
                  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 16 10:06 AM
                      Axel Berger wrote:
                      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                      > > I am sure the line color is because of my color choice.
                      > > I m not a very good decorator.
                      >
                      > If you can influence it think of us ten percent of all males, who are
                      > colour deficient, and try to go for stronger contrast. Red and green and
                      > purple of the same darkness are all the same, especially so for pastel
                      > shades.

                      Point taken.

                      -Mike
                    • Mick Housel
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 16 10:57 AM
                        Shows up just fine for me also in IE8

                        http://www.mickhousel.com/images/misc/mbgooglemap.jpg

                        Mick

                        I gave up mind reading, I found I didn't have the require equipment. - Me

                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 16 11:21 AM
                          Mick Housel wrote:
                          > Shows up just fine for me also in IE8
                          > http://www.mickhousel.com/images/misc/mbgooglemap.jpg