Re: [NTO] looking for freeware AVI to WMV Converter

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2010
      hsavage wrote:
      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > > Looking for freeware AVI to WMV and MOV to WMV Converter.
      > > Any leads? -Mike
      >
      > Mike,
      > Have you tried 'FormatFactory'?

      Downloaded and tried it.
      Seems quicker and easier than MS Expression Encoder.
      But, I will check them both out more throughly.

      Thanks,
      -Mike

      > The link.
      >
      > http://www.pcfreetime.com/
      >
      > ·············································
      > ºvº SL_day# 323 - created 2010.11.19_10.18.33
      >
      > Stress is when you wake up screaming,
      > • then realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.
      >
      > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com^~ ^
      >

      > ------------------------------------
    • Scott Fordin
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 19, 2010
        ?! Norton Internet Security 2011, latest version, reports no problems
        with the file, and various angles on Google seem to return no bad stuff
        about it. Dunno.

        I downloaded it from
        http://apps.foxtab.com/videoconverter/VideoConverterSetup.exe (no "myf"
        subdirectory), so maybe the myf bit is stealing the URL or something.
        Again, dunno. I haven't had any problems since installing it. I scanned
        it before downloading and after downloading, and then scanned the
        program directory after I installed it.

        YMMV,

        Scott