Re: [NTO] looking for freeware AVI to WMV Converter

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2010
      Scott Fordin wrote:
      > You might try FoxTab Video Converter
      > (http://apps.foxtab.com/myf/videoconverter/). I learned about through
      > the ImgBurn project page, which to me is high praise indeed.

      I downloaded this and the .exe was infected.
      Comodo caught it:
      See the screen shot: http://epicroadtrips.com/ss/virus.html

      -Mike

      > Scott
      >
      > On 11/19/2010 8:37 AM, Dave wrote:
      >> Hi
      >> you can also try
      >> http://www.mediacoderhq.com/
      >> THANKYOU DAVE M

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 19, 2010
        hsavage wrote:
        > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > > Looking for freeware AVI to WMV and MOV to WMV Converter.
        > > Any leads? -Mike
        >
        > Mike,
        > Have you tried 'FormatFactory'?

        Downloaded and tried it.
        Seems quicker and easier than MS Expression Encoder.
        But, I will check them both out more throughly.

        Thanks,
        -Mike

        > The link.
        >
        > http://www.pcfreetime.com/
        >
        > ·············································
        > ºvº SL_day# 323 - created 2010.11.19_10.18.33
        >
        > Stress is when you wake up screaming,
        > • then realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.
        >
        > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com^~ ^
        >

        > ------------------------------------
      • Scott Fordin
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 19, 2010
          ?! Norton Internet Security 2011, latest version, reports no problems
          with the file, and various angles on Google seem to return no bad stuff
          about it. Dunno.

          I downloaded it from
          http://apps.foxtab.com/videoconverter/VideoConverterSetup.exe (no "myf"
          subdirectory), so maybe the myf bit is stealing the URL or something.
          Again, dunno. I haven't had any problems since installing it. I scanned
          it before downloading and after downloading, and then scanned the
          program directory after I installed it.

          YMMV,

          Scott