Re: [NTO] looking for ebook organizer (and have great movie cataloguer) - solved

  • Torben Joergensen
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 12, 2010
      Hi Lotta,

      I whish I were on my way to Sweden. Then maybe we could meet over a cup
      of coffee somewhere, and I would gladly let you have a closer look at my
      jetBook Lite. It's not that I'm that far away as I live on the island
      Bornholm, but I have no errands in Sweden for the time being.

      Also please understand that I had no intension to start some war whether
      e-ink or a reflective TFT screen is the best choice for you. If you know
      what is best in use for you, I couldn't be happier -- I hope you
      understand what I'm trying to say here.

      --
      Torben

      Message 2 of 27 , Oct 12, 2010
        Torben Joergensen wrote:
        >I whish I were on my way to Sweden. Then maybe we could meet over a cup
        >of coffee somewhere, and I would gladly let you have a closer look at my
        >jetBook Lite. It's not that I'm that far away as I live on the island
        >Bornholm, but I have no errands in Sweden for the time being.

        That's very nice of you, but I'm afraid I'm too shy for IRL
        encounters anyway. ;-o)

        >Also please understand that I had no intension to start some war whether
        >e-ink or a reflective TFT screen is the best choice for you. If you know
        >what is best in use for you, I couldn't be happier -- I hope you
        >understand what I'm trying to say here.

        No no, I didn't take it that way at all. Hope something I said didn't
        make you think so. I'm genuinely grateful for the information. You've
        helped me a lot with this and given me a few new ideas.

        All these portable things are mainly summer toys for me and the
        summer is 7 months away. Come that time, maybe prices will be lower
        and more stuff available in shops so I can check some out physically.
        You've given me much to ponder until then.

        BTW that eKitaab was rather nice but turned out to be abandoned.
        Found two others that could work, simple but OK. eLibrary (another SF
        project) and the freeware bookTome.

        http://www.openelibrary.org/
        http://booktome.shanemca.com/