Re: [NTO] Next peculiar computer problem

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 6, 2010
      Seems like we have a consensus here, so off to the computer shop to
      by a power supply I go.

      > > fw7oaks wrote:
      >While not for a moment suggesting Lotta is an idiot I'd rather play
      >'safe than sorry'

      I actually am close to an idiot when it comes to hardware, so I
      appreciate all hints and warnings. I realize in hindsight that the
      power supply is the likely culprit when the juice doesn't get all the
      way, but I wasn't able to figure that our for myself, so you can see
      I'm not too experienced with fixing things.

      Thanks to all!

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 17, 2010
        At 13:15 2010-10-06, Lotta wrote:
        > I soon
        >realized though there was a delay before the computer let itself be
        >powered on after the hit the main switch that lets power on to all my
        >gear. This waiting time steadily increases. To begin with it was some
        >10 seconds, now it's up in close to 15 minutes.

        I just wanted to say thank you to those who helped and let you know
        your suggestion about a bad power supply was right.

        I of course procrastinated. At last the time lapse was at least half
        an hour. Then I stopped to switch off the main power at night and the
        computer powered up quickly every mornings, which let me
        procrastinate some more. Yesterday I switched off the main power by
        mistake and after that the computer didn't want to power up at all,
        no matter how long I waited. So today I did what you told me and
        bought a new power supply and everything is dandy.

        Happy happy! :-)
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 17, 2010
          loro wrote:
          > which let me procrastinate some more.

          That's what I had planned for today. But now it's getting dark outside
          and I think I'll do it tomorrow instead.