Re: Yahoo Groups down the drain?

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 2, 2010
      They called it off! Yea!

      <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/?p=958>

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 2, 2010
        That's amazing to me that they are that responsive. Totally wasn't
        expecting that!

        Julie

        At 10/2/2010 11:06 AM, Sheri wrote:
        >They called it off! Yea!
        >
        ><http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/?p=958>
        >
        >Regards,
        >Sheri

      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 2, 2010
          Now if Google would just get a clue and listen to their users!

            > That's amazing to me that they are that responsive. Totally wasn't
            > expecting that!
            >
            > Julie

            Hard for me to judge it as responsive given the time and extent of user protest but I'm sure happy they finally responded at all.
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 2, 2010
              sisterscape wrote:
              > Now if Google would just get a clue and listen to their users!

              If I ran a company, I'd rather listen to those who pay for my wages. We
              are not Google's customers, we're just a necessary evil for them to have
              something to offer to their real customers.
              Same with Yahoo.

              Axel
            • fw7oaks
              Message 6 of 29 , Oct 2, 2010
                --- On Sat, 10/2/10, Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> wrote:

                > If I ran a company, I'd rather listen to those who pay for my wages.
                > We are not Google's customers, we're just a necessary evil for them
                > to have something to offer to their real customers.

                Yes, but if Google & Co don't listen to us they run the risk of us voting with our mice and clicking elsewhere and then the folks that fund Google will follow us, so it pays for Google to listen, even if we don't *directly* line their pockets.

                fw