Re: [NTO] IE 8 display problems

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2010
      LaurieK wrote:

      > Another option might be to update your graphics driver....
      > It honestly looks like whatever is happening its too much for the system it
      > looks like lack of resources.
      >
      > This type of thing happens when I have large Excel Files and Power Point
      > open at the same time (doing reports and adding my charts and tables from
      > Excel to PPT)I run into system resource issues and have to reboot.
      >
      > Its possible whatever updates or changes in IE when you updated to V8 might
      > be just too much for your system or may require an upgrade in your video
      > card or its drivers....
      >
      > I'd check Toshiba's support site to see if there are updated drivers
      > available.
      >
      > Not sure how old the computer is but if its older than 4 years old I would
      > bet (and I never bet higher than 25¢) I'd bet that quarter than IE8 may
      > require more resources than your system has available.
      >
      > Especially if you can reboot and/or also clear cache and it resolves the
      > issue 'temporarily'.
      > Another option is to set up IE to empty the cache each time the browser is
      > closed..... It used to be an option in Internet Explorer I'm not sure if it
      > is still there.

      Howdy,
      The laptop is only a year old.
      And, I did no have the problem until I upgraded to IE 8.
      I will check for updates at Toshiba's site.

      It may just be I am taxing the system too much. I have had my space
      cluttered a bit lately with lots of open apps and large files.

      Thanks!
      -Mike
    • LaurieK
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 30, 2010
        Well that's about the same scenario as when I have a large Excel and
        PowerPoint open at the same time.
        Try using less apps while you are browsing... my initial reaction or thought
        was low system resources and I stand by that ...
        Especially if you have a lot of applications open when you are browsing....

        :)