Re: [NTO] Grouply

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
      Yes, I get them every so often. I have starting reporting them as spam to Yahoo.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
        Op 16-sep-10, om 14:21 heeft loro het volgende geschreven:

        > In that case they must harvest them from list post, because I only
        > get invites related to Notetab. I faintly recognized the name of one
        > or two inviters, the rest are unknown to me.

        Here, sometimes a notice that a few links are updated somewere in the
        NoteTab groups. I ignore too.
        --
        Adrien
      • Alex Plantema
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
          Op donderdag 16 september 2010 13:30 schreef loro:

          > What's with all these grouply invites I get? Do others get them too?
          > Now it get "get friends" requests too, making me think I'm already
          > added to grouply, however that is possible.
          >
          > If you don't know, grouply seems to be one of those sites that lives
          > off news groups. Another interface, "exciting social features", blah
          > blah blah... Of course all Notetab groups are archived there.

          When people give their password to Grouply, which is against Yahoo's rules,
          messages and possibly other data are harvested from all groups they belong to,
          and exposed on Grouply's site, which is against privacy rules.
          On list manager lists like Listhelp people are warned against such behaviour,
          and some list owners kick people who do so off their list.

          Alex.
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
            Alex Plantema wrote:
            > and some list owners kick people who do so off their list.

            Good thing too!