Re: [NTO] laptop advice please

    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 22 12:05 PM
      Chris Laarman wrote:
      > As a result of that lower power *consumption* (at the same state of
      > the art) an Atom and associated chips offer less *processing* power.

      Absolutely, but even that power is way above anything you're ever going
      to need in real usage.

      Axel
    • Jeffery
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 22 1:55 PM
        I have all three types, Desktop, laptop, netbook.

        All are intensely used, the main issue being the lack of a disc drive in
        the netbook, recently remedied with an external DVD-RW.

        I use it for Photography, Genealogy and Website writing.