Re: [NTO] Program to make graphs

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 22 10:02 AM
      I wrote:
      >Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
      >Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
      >to do calculations or have a lot of other features.

      Thanks for your suggestions.

      Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
      understand it right.

      SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
      I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
      off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?

      Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
      numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
      case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

      Thanks!

      Lotta
    • Adrien Verlee
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 22 10:36 AM
        Op 22-jul-10, om 19:02 heeft loro het volgende geschreven:

        > Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
        > numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
        > case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

        http://www.instantpiechart.com/

        Just 'a pie'. No less, no more. But easy.
        --
        Adrien
      • Bruce Meyers
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 22 1:47 PM
          Lotta,

          Has anyone suggested Create A Graph from tucows.com?  It is freeware
          and there are a few positive comments.

          I have not tried it, but I found it and might try it.

          Bruce Meyers

          >Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
          >Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
          >to do calculations or have a lot of other features.

          Thanks for your suggestions.

          Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
          understand it right.

          SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
          I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
          off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?

          Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
          numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
          case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

          Thanks!

        • Bruce Wright
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 22 8:32 PM

            If SmartDraw is close to what you're after, then try Diagram Designer,
            available free from http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/

            Regards
            Bruce

            Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I understand
            it right.

            SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
            I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me off.
            Do you use it yourself, Dave?

            Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter numbers
            and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any case I have
            other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

            Thanks!

            confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
            please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this
            message are those of the individual sender, and are not
            necessarily the views of the Department of Premier and Cabinet
            (Division of Local Government), unless otherwise stated.

            For the purposes of the Copyright Act, the permission of the
            holder of copyright in this communication may be taken to have
            been granted, unless stated otherwise, for the copying or
            forwarding of this message, as long as both the content of this
            communication and the purposes for which it is copied or
            forwarded are work-related.
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 23 7:20 AM
              Hi
              smartdraw was OK did not lock up ,was using it more for circuits than
              charts, just tried the other program mentioned "Diagram Designer," can draw
              charts could not easily work out how to color different sections of chart.
              Microsoft Visio is another one.
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              >>Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
              >>Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
              >>to do calculations or have a lot of other features.
              >

              > Thanks for your suggestions.
              >
              > Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
              > understand it right.
              >
              > SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
              > I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
              > off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?
              >
              > Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
              > numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
              > case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > Lotta

            • Dave
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 23 8:02 AM
                Hi loro
                go to notetab basic file list and grab kwikdraw.zip and unzip and drop the
                folder were you wont it no need to install you may wont to put a shortcut to
                kwikdraw.exe.
                THANKYOU DAVE M