Re: [NTO] Program to make graphs

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
      loro wrote:
      > I don't use Excel and I don't want to learn (same goes for OO).

      Very wise (although for simple things 123 often is the path of least
      resistance for me).

      How about Gnuplot? Not learnt in five minutes but the book by Philipp K.
      Janert is well written. (Gnuplot is free, the book isn't, but not
      expensive either.)

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
        I wrote:
        >Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
        >Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
        >to do calculations or have a lot of other features.

        Thanks for your suggestions.

        Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
        understand it right.

        SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
        I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
        off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?

        Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
        numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
        case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

        Thanks!

        Lotta
      • Adrien Verlee
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
          Op 22-jul-10, om 19:02 heeft loro het volgende geschreven:

          > Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
          > numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
          > case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

          http://www.instantpiechart.com/

          Just 'a pie'. No less, no more. But easy.
          --
          Adrien
        • Bruce Meyers
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
            Lotta,

            Has anyone suggested Create A Graph from tucows.com?  It is freeware
            and there are a few positive comments.

            I have not tried it, but I found it and might try it.

            Bruce Meyers

            >Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
            >Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
            >to do calculations or have a lot of other features.

            Thanks for your suggestions.

            Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
            understand it right.

            SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
            I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
            off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?

            Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
            numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
            case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

            Thanks!

          • Bruce Wright
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010

              If SmartDraw is close to what you're after, then try Diagram Designer,
              available free from http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/

              Regards
              Bruce

              Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I understand
              it right.

              SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
              I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me off.
              Do you use it yourself, Dave?

              Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter numbers
              and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any case I have
              other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

              Thanks!

              confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
              please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this
              message are those of the individual sender, and are not
              necessarily the views of the Department of Premier and Cabinet
              (Division of Local Government), unless otherwise stated.

              For the purposes of the Copyright Act, the permission of the
              holder of copyright in this communication may be taken to have
              been granted, unless stated otherwise, for the copying or
              forwarding of this message, as long as both the content of this
              communication and the purposes for which it is copied or
              forwarded are work-related.
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 23, 2010
                Hi
                smartdraw was OK did not lock up ,was using it more for circuits than
                charts, just tried the other program mentioned "Diagram Designer," can draw
                charts could not easily work out how to color different sections of chart.
                Microsoft Visio is another one.
                THANKYOU DAVE M

                >>Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
                >>Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
                >>to do calculations or have a lot of other features.
                >

                > Thanks for your suggestions.
                >
                > Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
                > understand it right.
                >
                > SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
                > I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
                > off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?
                >
                > Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
                > numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
                > case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > Lotta

              • Dave
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 23, 2010
                  Hi loro
                  go to notetab basic file list and grab kwikdraw.zip and unzip and drop the
                  folder were you wont it no need to install you may wont to put a shortcut to
                  kwikdraw.exe.
                  THANKYOU DAVE M