Re: [NTO] Program to make graphs

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
      Op 19-jul-10, om 14:45 heeft loro het volgende geschreven:

      > Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.

      Maybe: http://pencil.evolus.vn/en-US/Home.aspx
      But here a warning:
      https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/8487/
      --
      Adrien
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
        Hi
        Lotta have you tried Microsoft Smartdraw ??

        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
          loro wrote:
          > I don't use Excel and I don't want to learn (same goes for OO).

          Very wise (although for simple things 123 often is the path of least
          resistance for me).

          How about Gnuplot? Not learnt in five minutes but the book by Philipp K.
          Janert is well written. (Gnuplot is free, the book isn't, but not
          expensive either.)

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
            I wrote:
            >Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
            >Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
            >to do calculations or have a lot of other features.

            Thanks for your suggestions.

            Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
            understand it right.

            SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
            I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
            off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?

            Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
            numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
            case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

            Thanks!

            Lotta
          • Adrien Verlee
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
              Op 22-jul-10, om 19:02 heeft loro het volgende geschreven:

              > Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
              > numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
              > case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

              http://www.instantpiechart.com/

              Just 'a pie'. No less, no more. But easy.
              --
              Adrien
            • Bruce Meyers
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
                Lotta,

                Has anyone suggested Create A Graph from tucows.com?  It is freeware
                and there are a few positive comments.

                I have not tried it, but I found it and might try it.

                Bruce Meyers

                >Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
                >Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
                >to do calculations or have a lot of other features.

                Thanks for your suggestions.

                Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
                understand it right.

                SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
                I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
                off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?

                Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
                numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
                case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

                Thanks!

              • Bruce Wright
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010

                  If SmartDraw is close to what you're after, then try Diagram Designer,
                  available free from http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/

                  Regards
                  Bruce

                  Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I understand
                  it right.

                  SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
                  I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me off.
                  Do you use it yourself, Dave?

                  Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter numbers
                  and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any case I have
                  other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

                  Thanks!

                  confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
                  please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this
                  message are those of the individual sender, and are not
                  necessarily the views of the Department of Premier and Cabinet
                  (Division of Local Government), unless otherwise stated.

                  For the purposes of the Copyright Act, the permission of the
                  holder of copyright in this communication may be taken to have
                  been granted, unless stated otherwise, for the copying or
                  forwarding of this message, as long as both the content of this
                  communication and the purposes for which it is copied or
                  forwarded are work-related.
                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 23, 2010
                    Hi
                    smartdraw was OK did not lock up ,was using it more for circuits than
                    charts, just tried the other program mentioned "Diagram Designer," can draw
                    charts could not easily work out how to color different sections of chart.
                    Microsoft Visio is another one.
                    THANKYOU DAVE M

                    >>Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
                    >>Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
                    >>to do calculations or have a lot of other features.
                    >

                    > Thanks for your suggestions.
                    >
                    > Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
                    > understand it right.
                    >
                    > SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
                    > I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
                    > off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?
                    >
                    > Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
                    > numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
                    > case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.
                    >
                    > Thanks!
                    >
                    > Lotta

                  • Dave
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 23, 2010
                      Hi loro
                      go to notetab basic file list and grab kwikdraw.zip and unzip and drop the
                      folder were you wont it no need to install you may wont to put a shortcut to
                      kwikdraw.exe.
                      THANKYOU DAVE M