Program to make graphs

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
      Hi,

      Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
      Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
      to do calculations or have a lot of other features.

      I don't use Excel and I don't want to learn (same goes for OO).
      Besides, I'd like diagrams that look a little different.

      Any suggestions?

      Lotta
    • Adrien Verlee
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
        Op 19-jul-10, om 14:45 heeft loro het volgende geschreven:

        > Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.

        Maybe: http://pencil.evolus.vn/en-US/Home.aspx
        But here a warning:
        https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/8487/
        --
        Adrien
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
          Hi
          Lotta have you tried Microsoft Smartdraw ??

          THANKYOU DAVE M

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 19, 2010
            loro wrote:
            > I don't use Excel and I don't want to learn (same goes for OO).

            Very wise (although for simple things 123 often is the path of least
            resistance for me).

            How about Gnuplot? Not learnt in five minutes but the book by Philipp K.
            Janert is well written. (Gnuplot is free, the book isn't, but not
            expensive either.)

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
              I wrote:
              >Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
              >Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
              >to do calculations or have a lot of other features.

              Thanks for your suggestions.

              Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
              understand it right.

              SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
              I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
              off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?

              Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
              numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
              case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

              Thanks!

              Lotta
            • Adrien Verlee
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
                Op 22-jul-10, om 19:02 heeft loro het volgende geschreven:

                > Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
                > numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
                > case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

                http://www.instantpiechart.com/

                Just 'a pie'. No less, no more. But easy.
                --
                Adrien
              • Bruce Meyers
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010
                  Lotta,

                  Has anyone suggested Create A Graph from tucows.com?  It is freeware
                  and there are a few positive comments.

                  I have not tried it, but I found it and might try it.

                  Bruce Meyers

                  >Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
                  >Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
                  >to do calculations or have a lot of other features.

                  Thanks for your suggestions.

                  Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
                  understand it right.

                  SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
                  I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
                  off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?

                  Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
                  numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
                  case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

                  Thanks!

                • Bruce Wright
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 22, 2010

                    If SmartDraw is close to what you're after, then try Diagram Designer,
                    available free from http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/

                    Regards
                    Bruce

                    Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I understand
                    it right.

                    SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
                    I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me off.
                    Do you use it yourself, Dave?

                    Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter numbers
                    and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any case I have
                    other use for this one, so it is a keeper.

                    Thanks!

                    confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
                    please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this
                    message are those of the individual sender, and are not
                    necessarily the views of the Department of Premier and Cabinet
                    (Division of Local Government), unless otherwise stated.

                    For the purposes of the Copyright Act, the permission of the
                    holder of copyright in this communication may be taken to have
                    been granted, unless stated otherwise, for the copying or
                    forwarding of this message, as long as both the content of this
                    communication and the purposes for which it is copied or
                    forwarded are work-related.
                  • Dave
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 23, 2010
                      Hi
                      smartdraw was OK did not lock up ,was using it more for circuits than
                      charts, just tried the other program mentioned "Diagram Designer," can draw
                      charts could not easily work out how to color different sections of chart.
                      Microsoft Visio is another one.
                      THANKYOU DAVE M

                      >>Looking for a simple program to create nice-looking graphs/diagrams.
                      >>Curves, staples, pie charts... Free or cheap preferred. Doesn't need
                      >>to do calculations or have a lot of other features.
                      >

                      > Thanks for your suggestions.
                      >
                      > Gnuplot looks too complicated, seem to require equations if I
                      > understand it right.
                      >
                      > SmartDraw is closest to what I'm looking for, but not exactly cheap.
                      > I ran the trial once and it hung and crashed a lot which scared me
                      > off. Do you use it yourself, Dave?
                      >
                      > Pencil looks really nice, but it doesn't look like I can enter
                      > numbers and let it draw the graph. I must look into it more. In any
                      > case I have other use for this one, so it is a keeper.
                      >
                      > Thanks!
                      >
                      > Lotta

                    • Dave
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 23, 2010
                        Hi loro
                        go to notetab basic file list and grab kwikdraw.zip and unzip and drop the
                        folder were you wont it no need to install you may wont to put a shortcut to
                        kwikdraw.exe.
                        THANKYOU DAVE M