Replace Notepad with Notetab Pro

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2010
      I have NoteTab Pro 4.95/np (Full Version) and once on an older computer I replace notepad with NoteTab. Now that I have XP and Vista I wonder if that is still a possibility. I have forgotten just what I did to make it work when I had ME and then Windows2K.
      Ed Brown

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2010
        Edward wrote:
        > replace notepad with NoteTab.

        I prefer direct editing of the registry for tasks like these. JV16
        <http://www.macecraft.com/> is a great help here, offering search and
        replace in the registry.

        But there is another way (I refuse to call it an easier one,
        intransparent actions where I'm given no idea what they actually do, are
        more complicated in my opinion):
        NoteTab --> Help --> Replace MS Notepad

        According to help, in my version 5.8 this is not available for Vista.