Re: [NTO] Xcopy switches for file exclusion

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 11, 2010
      Alex Plantema wrote:
      > Op zondag 11 juli 2010 19:43 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:
      >
      >> We are getting close!
      >> I followed your instruction and it worked - sort of.
      >> I used:
      >> C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
      >> C:\mich\ /Q /Y /D /S /T /exclude:exclusions.txt
      >>
      >> This copied all the folders, but *none* of the files.
      >
      > You should omit /T

      That did it!

      I missed this:
      /T Creates directory structure, but does not copy files.
      Does not include empty directories or subdirectories.

      Thanks to all.
      -Mike
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 12, 2010
        Hi Mike,

        I would use the free "Everything" utility from http://www.voidtools.com/

        Use the main window to select your source folder(s) and the Tools > Options
        > Exclude tab to exclude ".JPG".

        BTW, once you install this utility, you will be using it for lots of chores.

        HTH

        Ray Shapp

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 12, 2010
          Ray Shapp wrote:
          > Hi Mike,
          > I would use the free "Everything" utility from http://www.voidtools.com/
          >
          > Use the main window to select your source folder(s) and the Tools > Options
          > > Exclude tab to exclude ".JPG".
          >
          > BTW, once you install this utility, you will be using it for lots of chores.
          > HTH Ray Shapp

          Thanks, Ray.
          I will check it out.
          -Mike