Re: [NTO] Xcopy switches for file exclusion

  • Alex Plantema
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 11, 2010
      Op zondag 11 juli 2010 19:43 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:

      > We are getting close!
      > I followed your instruction and it worked - sort of.
      > I used:
      > C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
      > C:\mich\ /Q /Y /D /S /T /exclude:exclusions.txt
      >
      > This copied all the folders, but *none* of the files.

      You should omit /T

      Alex.
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 11, 2010
        Alex Plantema wrote:
        > Op zondag 11 juli 2010 19:43 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:
        >
        >> We are getting close!
        >> I followed your instruction and it worked - sort of.
        >> I used:
        >> C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
        >> C:\mich\ /Q /Y /D /S /T /exclude:exclusions.txt
        >>
        >> This copied all the folders, but *none* of the files.
        >
        > You should omit /T

        That did it!

        I missed this:
        /T Creates directory structure, but does not copy files.
        Does not include empty directories or subdirectories.

        Thanks to all.
        -Mike
      • Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 12, 2010
          Hi Mike,

          I would use the free "Everything" utility from http://www.voidtools.com/

          Use the main window to select your source folder(s) and the Tools > Options
          > Exclude tab to exclude ".JPG".

          BTW, once you install this utility, you will be using it for lots of chores.

          HTH

          Ray Shapp

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 12, 2010
            Ray Shapp wrote:
            > Hi Mike,
            > I would use the free "Everything" utility from http://www.voidtools.com/
            >
            > Use the main window to select your source folder(s) and the Tools > Options
            > > Exclude tab to exclude ".JPG".
            >
            > BTW, once you install this utility, you will be using it for lots of chores.
            > HTH Ray Shapp

            Thanks, Ray.
            I will check it out.
            -Mike