Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [NTO] Xcopy switches for file exclusion

Expand Messages
  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    ... I tried this but my syntax must be wrong. C: wamp www current mich-ont xcopy c: wamp www current mich-ont c: mich /Q/Y/D/S/E/T EXCLUDE:.JPG Invalid number
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 10 8:48 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      Dave wrote:
      > Hi
      > try XCOPY /Q /Y /D /S /E /T EXCLUDE:.JPG
      >
      > THANKYOU DAVE M

      I tried this but my syntax must be wrong.

      C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont c:\mich
      /Q/Y/D/S/E/T EXCLUDE:.JPG
      Invalid number of parameters

      -Mike

      >
      > ----- Original Message -----
      > From: "Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV" <mike@...
      > <mailto:mike%40WildWonderfulWV.us>>
      > To: "NTB Off-topic" <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:ntb-OffTopic%40yahoogroups.com>>
      > Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 11:56 PM
      > Subject: [NTO] Xcopy switches for file exclusion
      >
      > > Anyone know of a way to use Xcopy or any other way which will exclude
      > > files with a specified extension from being copied?
      > >
      > >
      > > I want to copy web files and all subdirs but exclude .jpg files
      > > Thanks,
      > > -Mike
      > >
      > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289483
      > > --
      > >
      > >
      > > Morgantown WV
      > >
      > > www.EpicRoadTrips.us
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      >
      >

      --


      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      I just tried wild cards a well. No luck. ==== C: wamp www current mich-ont xcopy c: wamp www current mich-ont *.* c: mich /Q/Y/D/S/E/T EXCLUDE:.JPG Invalid
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 10 9:11 AM
      • 0 Attachment
        I just tried wild cards a well. No luck.
        ====
        C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
        c:\mich /Q/Y/D/S/E/T EXCLUDE:.JPG
        Invalid number of parameters

        C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>
        ====


        Dave wrote:
        > Hi
        > try XCOPY /Q /Y /D /S /E /T EXCLUDE:.JPG
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE M

        I tried this but my syntax must be wrong.

        C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont c:\mich
        /Q/Y/D/S/E/T EXCLUDE:.JPG
        Invalid number of parameters

        -Mike

        >
        > ----- Original Message -----
        > From: "Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV" <mike@...
        > <mailto:mike%40WildWonderfulWV.us>>
        > To: "NTB Off-topic" <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:ntb-OffTopic%40yahoogroups.com>>
        > Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 11:56 PM
        > Subject: [NTO] Xcopy switches for file exclusion
        >
        > > Anyone know of a way to use Xcopy or any other way which will exclude
        > > files with a specified extension from being copied?
        > >
        > >
        > > I want to copy web files and all subdirs but exclude .jpg files
        > > Thanks,
        > > -Mike
        > >
        > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289483
        > > --
        > >
        > >
        > > Morgantown WV
        > >
        > > www.EpicRoadTrips.us
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > ------------------------------------
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        >
        >

        --


        Morgantown WV

        www.EpicRoadTrips.us



        ------------------------------------

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • hsavage
        ... c: mich ... Mike, These are all the choices and the help below shows a space delimiter separating parameters also, a forward slash before /EXCLUDE... ...
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 10 9:18 AM
        • 0 Attachment
          Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > Anyone know of a way to use Xcopy or any other way which will exclude
          > files with a specified extension from being copied?
          >
          >
          > I want to copy web files and all subdirs but exclude .jpg files
          > Thanks,
          > -Mike

          > C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont
          c:\mich
          > /Q/Y/D/S/E/T EXCLUDE:.JPG
          > Invalid number of parameters

          Mike,

          These are all the choices and the help below shows a space delimiter
          separating parameters also, a forward slash before /EXCLUDE...

          > /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG



          C:\>xcopy/?
          Copies files and directory trees.

          XCOPY source [destination] [/A | /M] [/D[:date]] [/P] [/S [/E]] [/V] [/W]
          [/C] [/I] [/Q] [/F] [/L] [/G] [/H] [/R]
          [/T] [/U]
          [/K] [/N] [/O] [/X] [/Y] [/-Y] [/Z]
          [/EXCLUDE:file1[+file2][+file3]...]

          source Specifies the file(s) to copy.
          destination Specifies the location and/or name of new files.
          /A Copies only files with the archive attribute set,
          doesn't change the attribute.
          /M Copies only files with the archive attribute set,
          turns off the archive attribute.
          /D:m-d-y Copies files changed on or after the specified date.
          If no date is given, copies only those files whose
          source time is newer than the destination time.
          /EXCLUDE:file1[+file2][+file3]...
          Specifies a list of files containing strings. Each
          string
          should be in a separate line in the files. When any
          of the
          strings match any part of the absolute path of the
          file to be
          copied, that file will be excluded from being copied.
          For
          example, specifying a string like \obj\ or .obj will
          exclude
          all files underneath the directory obj or all files
          with the
          .obj extension respectively.
          /P Prompts you before creating each destination file.
          /S Copies directories and subdirectories except empty ones.
          /E Copies directories and subdirectories, including
          empty ones.
          Same as /S /E. May be used to modify /T.
          /V Verifies each new file.
          /W Prompts you to press a key before copying.
          /C Continues copying even if errors occur.
          /I If destination does not exist and copying more than
          one file,
          assumes that destination must be a directory.
          /Q Does not display file names while copying.
          /F Displays full source and destination file names while
          copying.
          /L Displays files that would be copied.
          /G Allows the copying of encrypted files to destination
          that does
          not support encryption.
          /H Copies hidden and system files also.
          /R Overwrites read-only files.
          /T Creates directory structure, but does not copy files.
          Does not
          include empty directories or subdirectories. /T /E
          includes
          empty directories and subdirectories.
          /U Copies only files that already exist in destination.
          /K Copies attributes. Normal Xcopy will reset read-only
          attributes.
          /N Copies using the generated short names.
          /O Copies file ownership and ACL information.
          /X Copies file audit settings (implies /O).
          /Y Suppresses prompting to confirm you want to overwrite an
          existing destination file.
          /-Y Causes prompting to confirm you want to overwrite an
          existing destination file.
          /Z Copies networked files in restartable mode.

          The switch /Y may be preset in the COPYCMD environment variable.
          This may be overridden with /-Y on the command line.

          --
          ·············································
          ºvº SL_day# 190 - created 2010.07.09_15.27.57

          Newspaper HeadLine...
          • Lung Cancer in Women Mushrooms

          € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
        • bruce.somers@web.de
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 10 9:19 AM
          • 0 Attachment
            <did you really have no slash before EXCLUDE ?


            >C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
            >c:\mich /Q/Y/D/S/E/T EXCLUDE:.JPG
            >Invalid number of parameters
            >
            >C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>
            >====
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            ... OK. Here are 3 more attempts: Added space to switches and forward slash to EXCLUDE ... C: wamp www current mich-ont xcopy c: wamp www current mich-ont *.*
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 10 9:54 AM
            • 0 Attachment
              hsavage wrote:
              > Mike,
              > These are all the choices and the help below shows a space delimiter
              > separating parameters also, a forward slash before /EXCLUDE...
              >
              > > /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG

              OK. Here are 3 more attempts:

              Added space to switches and forward slash to EXCLUDE
              --------
              C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
              c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
              Can't read file: .JPG
              --------

              Added wild card to EXCLUDE file
              --------
              C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
              c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE: *.JPG
              Invalid number of parameters
              --------

              Removed space in front of wildcard EXCLUDE file.
              --------
              C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
              c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:*.JPG
              Can't read file: *.JPG
              --------
              DRAT!
              -mb
            • hsavage
              ... Mike, Are you doing this thru NoteTab or from a Dos window ? I assume this is your dos prompt; C: wamp www current mich-ont the source folder is;
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 10 10:48 AM
              • 0 Attachment
                Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                > hsavage wrote:
                >> Mike,
                >> These are all the choices and the help below shows a space delimiter
                >> separating parameters also, a forward slash before /EXCLUDE...
                >>
                >> > /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                >
                > OK. Here are 3 more attempts:
                >
                > Added space to switches and forward slash to EXCLUDE
                > --------
                > C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
                > c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                > Can't read file: .JPG
                > --------
                >
                > Added wild card to EXCLUDE file
                > --------
                > C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
                > c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE: *.JPG
                > Invalid number of parameters
                > --------
                >
                > Removed space in front of wildcard EXCLUDE file.
                > --------
                > C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
                > c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:*.JPG
                > Can't read file: *.JPG
                > --------
                > DRAT!
                > -mb

                Mike,

                Are you doing this thru NoteTab or from a 'Dos window'?

                I assume this is your dos prompt; C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>

                the source folder is; c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont

                and destination folder is; c:\mich
                -----------------------

                /S & /E are opposing parameters, try to lose one of them.

                Try /Q /Y /D /S /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG

                or /Q /Y /D /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont c:\mich /Q /Y /D /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG


                --
                ·············································
                ºvº SL_day# 190 - created 2010.07.09_15.27.57

                Newspaper HeadLine...
                • Lung Cancer in Women Mushrooms

                € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
              • Alex Plantema
                ... This is the clearest message: xcopy searched for a file named .jpg. /exclude: should be followed by a file name, without a space after the colon. The file
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 10 11:13 AM
                • 0 Attachment
                  Op zaterdag 10 juli 2010 18:54 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:

                  > OK. Here are 3 more attempts:
                  >
                  > Added space to switches and forward slash to EXCLUDE
                  > --------
                  > C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
                  > c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                  > Can't read file: .JPG

                  This is the clearest message: xcopy searched for a file named .jpg.

                  /exclude: should be followed by a file name, without a space after the colon.
                  The file should contain (parts of) names of files to be excluded from copying.

                  Alex.
                • bruce.somers@web.de
                  Don t you thnk you need /EXCLUDE:*.jpg ? *.jpg This is becoming silly.
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 10 12:33 PM
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Don't you thnk you need /EXCLUDE:*.jpg ?

                    *.jpg

                    This is becoming silly.
                  • Dave
                    Hi This should work ,change path to suit XCOPY F: Fuji *.* J: ROM /I /Q /Y /D /S /E /EXCLUDE:JPG.TXT make a txt file and put the path to .jpg in it and
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 11 5:44 AM
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Hi
                      This should work ,change path to suit
                      XCOPY "F:\Fuji\*.*" J:\ROM /I /Q /Y /D /S /E /EXCLUDE:JPG.TXT
                      make a txt file and put the "path to .jpg" in it and save it to the same
                      directory as the .bat file above would be in
                      THANKYOU DAVE M

                      ----- Original Message -----
                      From: "Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV" <mike@...>
                      To: "NTB Off-topic" <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com>
                      Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 11:56 PM
                      Subject: [NTO] Xcopy switches for file exclusion


                      > Anyone know of a way to use Xcopy or any other way which will exclude
                      > files with a specified extension from being copied?
                      >
                      >
                      > I want to copy web files and all subdirs but exclude .jpg files
                      > Thanks,
                      > -Mike
                      >
                      > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289483
                      > --
                      >
                      >
                      > Morgantown WV
                      >
                      > www.EpicRoadTrips.us
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > ------------------------------------
                      >
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                      ... Yes, that is correct. ... I changed the DOS window to the root and tried again. ... C: xcopy c: wamp www current mich-ont c: mich /Q /Y /D /S /T
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 11 6:21 AM
                      • 0 Attachment
                        > Mike,
                        >
                        > Are you doing this thru NoteTab or from a 'Dos window'?
                        >
                        > I assume this is your dos prompt; C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>
                        >
                        > the source folder is; c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont
                        >
                        > and destination folder is; c:\mich

                        Yes, that is correct.
                        > -----------------------
                        > /S & /E are opposing parameters, try to lose one of them.
                        > Try /Q /Y /D /S /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                        > xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                        > or /Q /Y /D /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                        > xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont c:\mich /Q /Y /D /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG

                        I changed the DOS window to the root and tried again.
                        Here are the results:
                        -----------
                        C:\>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                        Can't read file: .JPG

                        C:\>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /T /EXCLUDE:.jpg
                        Can't read file: .jpg

                        C:\>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /T /EXCLUDE:*.jpg
                        Can't read file: .jpg

                        C:\>
                        -----------
                        Thanks,
                        -Mike
                      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                        ... Hi Alex, The files *are* there. 100s of *.jpg in many subdirs. I don t know why the error is generating. Below is the DIR /s output for one of the subdirs.
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 11 6:27 AM
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Alex Plantema wrote:
                          > Op zaterdag 10 juli 2010 18:54 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:
                          >> OK. Here are 3 more attempts:
                          >>
                          >> Added space to switches and forward slash to EXCLUDE
                          >> --------
                          >> C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
                          >> c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                          >> Can't read file: .JPG
                          >
                          > This is the clearest message: xcopy searched for a file named .jpg.
                          > /exclude: should be followed by a file name, without a space after the colon.
                          > The file should contain (parts of) names of files to be excluded from copying.
                          >
                          > Alex.

                          Hi Alex,
                          The files *are* there. 100s of *.jpg in many subdirs.
                          I don't know why the error is generating.

                          Below is the DIR /s output for one of the subdirs.
                          The dirs "hres" and "orig" also contain .jpg files

                          Directory of C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\d1

                          06/13/2010 07:55 AM <DIR> .
                          06/13/2010 07:55 AM <DIR> ..
                          06/03/2010 03:19 PM 2,106 Copy of index.php
                          06/03/2010 05:08 PM <DIR> ext_links
                          06/12/2010 08:17 AM 49,830 Hopalong_Cassidy_-30.jpg
                          06/25/2010 07:21 AM <DIR> hres
                          06/13/2010 07:57 AM 14,800 index.bak
                          06/14/2010 06:11 AM 14,800 index.php
                          06/10/2010 07:07 PM 2,155 intro.php
                          06/12/2010 07:25 AM 104,922 littleton-bank_po.jpg
                          06/12/2010 06:54 AM <DIR> orig
                          06/11/2010 05:59 AM 56,709 photo0000001.jpg
                          06/11/2010 07:11 AM 61,767 photo0000002.jpg
                          06/11/2010 07:11 AM 61,476 photo0000003.jpg
                          06/11/2010 08:13 AM 31,202 photo0000004.jpg
                          06/11/2010 08:54 AM 54,156 photo0000005.jpg
                          06/11/2010 09:22 AM 74,289 photo0000006.jpg
                          06/11/2010 04:50 PM 45,980 photo0000007.jpg
                          06/11/2010 04:50 PM 38,493 photo0000008.jpg
                          06/11/2010 04:50 PM 59,795 photo0000009.jpg
                          06/11/2010 04:51 PM 58,984 photo0000010.jpg
                          06/11/2010 04:51 PM 56,625 photo0000011.jpg
                          06/11/2010 05:00 PM 54,957 photo0000012.jpg
                          06/11/2010 05:00 PM 62,677 photo0000013.jpg
                          06/11/2010 05:01 PM 96,329 photo0000014.jpg
                          02/23/2010 07:28 AM 15 title_hres.php.txt
                          21 File(s) 1,002,067 bytes

                          Thanks,
                          -Mike

                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > ------------------------------------
                          >
                          > Yahoo! Groups Links
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          >

                          --


                          Morgantown WV

                          www.EpicRoadTrips.us
                        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                          ... Yes. That is why I used it. -Mike
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 11 6:28 AM
                          • 0 Attachment
                            bruce.somers@... wrote:

                            > Don't you thnk you need /EXCLUDE:*.jpg ?
                            >
                            > *.jpg

                            Yes. That is why I used it.
                            -Mike

                            > This is becoming silly.
                            >
                          • Alex Plantema
                            ... That s not what I meant. a non-ambiguous filename is expected after /exclude: This file should be present and contain (parts of) file names to be excluded
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 11 9:27 AM
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Op zondag 11 juli 2010 15:27 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:

                              > Alex Plantema wrote:
                              >> Op zaterdag 10 juli 2010 18:54 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:
                              >>> OK. Here are 3 more attempts:
                              >>>
                              >>> Added space to switches and forward slash to EXCLUDE
                              >>> --------
                              >>> C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
                              >>> c:\mich /Q /Y /D /S /E /T /EXCLUDE:.JPG
                              >>> Can't read file: .JPG
                              >>
                              >> This is the clearest message: xcopy searched for a file named .jpg.
                              >> /exclude: should be followed by a file name, without a space after
                              >> the colon. The file should contain (parts of) names of files to be
                              >> excluded from copying.
                              >>
                              >> Alex.
                              >
                              > Hi Alex,
                              > The files *are* there. 100s of *.jpg in many subdirs.
                              > I don't know why the error is generating.

                              That's not what I meant.
                              a non-ambiguous filename is expected after /exclude:
                              This file should be present and contain (parts of) file names to be excluded from copying.
                              If you use /exclude:.jpg xcopy assumes that this file is called .jpg.

                              And each file with .jpg in the name is skipped, whether it's at the end of the name or not.

                              What you need to do is create a file called e.g. exclusions.txt with one line containing:

                              .jpg

                              Then the command should contain /exclude:exclusions.txt as a parameter.

                              Alex.
                            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                              ... We are getting close! I followed your instruction and it worked - sort of. I used: C: wamp www current mich-ont xcopy c: wamp www current mich-ont *.*
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 11 10:43 AM
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Alex Plantema wrote:
                                > That's not what I meant.
                                > a non-ambiguous filename is expected after /exclude:
                                > This file should be present and contain (parts of) file names to be excluded from copying.
                                > If you use /exclude:.jpg xcopy assumes that this file is called .jpg.
                                >
                                > And each file with .jpg in the name is skipped, whether it's at the end of the name or not.
                                >
                                > What you need to do is create a file called e.g. exclusions.txt with one line containing:
                                >
                                > .jpg
                                >
                                > Then the command should contain /exclude:exclusions.txt as a parameter.
                                >
                                > Alex.

                                We are getting close!
                                I followed your instruction and it worked - sort of.
                                I used:
                                C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
                                C:\mich\ /Q /Y /D /S /T /exclude:exclusions.txt

                                This copied all the folders, but *none* of the files.

                                Thanks for your help.
                                -Mike
                              • Alex Plantema
                                ... You should omit /T Alex.
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 11 11:17 AM
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  Op zondag 11 juli 2010 19:43 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:

                                  > We are getting close!
                                  > I followed your instruction and it worked - sort of.
                                  > I used:
                                  > C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
                                  > C:\mich\ /Q /Y /D /S /T /exclude:exclusions.txt
                                  >
                                  > This copied all the folders, but *none* of the files.

                                  You should omit /T

                                  Alex.
                                • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                                  ... That did it! I missed this: /T Creates directory structure, but does not copy files. Does not include empty directories or subdirectories. Thanks to all.
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 11 12:28 PM
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    Alex Plantema wrote:
                                    > Op zondag 11 juli 2010 19:43 schreef Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV:
                                    >
                                    >> We are getting close!
                                    >> I followed your instruction and it worked - sort of.
                                    >> I used:
                                    >> C:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont>xcopy c:\wamp\www\current\mich-ont\*.*
                                    >> C:\mich\ /Q /Y /D /S /T /exclude:exclusions.txt
                                    >>
                                    >> This copied all the folders, but *none* of the files.
                                    >
                                    > You should omit /T


                                    That did it!

                                    I missed this:
                                    /T Creates directory structure, but does not copy files.
                                    Does not include empty directories or subdirectories.


                                    Thanks to all.
                                    -Mike
                                  • Ray Shapp
                                    Hi Mike, I would use the free Everything utility from http://www.voidtools.com/ Use the main window to select your source folder(s) and the Tools Options
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 12 1:26 AM
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      Hi Mike,

                                      I would use the free "Everything" utility from http://www.voidtools.com/

                                      Use the main window to select your source folder(s) and the Tools > Options
                                      > Exclude tab to exclude ".JPG".

                                      BTW, once you install this utility, you will be using it for lots of chores.


                                      HTH

                                      Ray Shapp

                                      On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <
                                      mike@...> wrote:

                                      >
                                      >
                                      > Anyone know of a way to use Xcopy or any other way which will exclude
                                      > files with a specified extension from being copied?
                                      >
                                      > I want to copy web files and all subdirs but exclude .jpg files
                                      > Thanks,
                                      > -Mike
                                      >
                                      > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289483
                                      > --
                                      >
                                      > Morgantown WV
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >


                                      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                                      ... Thanks, Ray. I will check it out. -Mike
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jul 12 3:23 AM
                                      • 0 Attachment
                                        Ray Shapp wrote:
                                        > Hi Mike,
                                        > I would use the free "Everything" utility from http://www.voidtools.com/
                                        >
                                        > Use the main window to select your source folder(s) and the Tools > Options
                                        > > Exclude tab to exclude ".JPG".
                                        >
                                        > BTW, once you install this utility, you will be using it for lots of chores.
                                        > HTH Ray Shapp

                                        Thanks, Ray.
                                        I will check it out.
                                        -Mike
                                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.