disabling Confirm File Replace dialog box win xp

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
      Anyone know how to disable the "Confirm File Replace" dialog box win xp.

      I have one file to copy to may folder where it already exists.
      Every time I drag the file to a folder to replace it the Confirm File
      Replace pops up.
      Drives me nuts!

      Thanks,
      -Mike
      --

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > Drives me nuts!

        Make it a clip or a batch. The DOS command

        copy g:\ufg\lit.txt e:\temp

        will overwrite without asking. As a rule I will have every repetitive
        task automated and any non-repetitive one is error-prone, especially
        when done by me. So I'm generally thankful for those reminders before
        inadvertantly overwriting something I forgot was there.

        Axel
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
          Axel Berger wrote:

          > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > > Drives me nuts!
          >
          > Make it a clip or a batch. The DOS command
          >
          > copy g:\ufg\lit.txt e:\temp

          Gotta copy the file to multiple folders.
          Thanks,
          -Mike

          > will overwrite without asking. As a rule I will have every repetitive
          > task automated and any non-repetitive one is error-prone, especially
          > when done by me. So I'm generally thankful for those reminders before
          > inadvertantly overwriting something I forgot was there.
          >
          > Axel

          > Virus Database (VPS): 100603-1, 06/03/2010
          > Tested on: 6/3/2010 7:30:07 PM

          Morgantown WV

          www.EpicRoadTrips.us