Re: [NTO] Can't hear sound at Encarta

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 10, 2010
      loro wrote:
      > It was a good place to hear the proper
      > pronounciation of English words.

      Are you sure? I don't know it but coming form Microsoft I'd expect it
      only to offer American pronounciations, not English, which in many cases
      are markedly different.
      (I find English audiobooks and radio plays effortless and often can't
      say, if I have just listened to English or German, but American is work.
      I even frequently have to stop American films and replay a scene with
      subtitles on, because I found it impossible to understand the dialogue.)

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11, 2010
        Adrien Verlee wrote:

        >http://www.howjsay.com/index.php ??
        >
        >or ... http://www.fonetiks.org/ :-)

        Thanks! fonetiks.org is quite interesting with the comparisons, but
        howjsay.com is probably more convenient - requires less thinking from me. ;-)