Re: [NTO] Can NoteTab Pro 6 Regular Expressions - err

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
      I wrote:
      >You need the disk search rather than Find & Replace. Search | Search
      >Disk or CTRL + D.

      I'm tired and talk gibberish. Of course disk search can't do it.
      Sorry if it got your hopes up.

      > Could do it with a clip too if you want.

      At least the above is correct. You could do it with a clip.

      Lotta
    • Al
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
        Harold wrote:
        > All:
        >
        > Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) appends a " - Shortcut" string to the end of every shortcut created, in addition to overlaying the shortcut arrow icon in the lower left corner of the shortcut's icon. I've been trying to use NoteTab Pro 6's Find & Replace box to remove this string on "a selected folder and all its subfolders."
        http://commandwindows.com/

        dir "* - Shortcut" > results.txt

        Without Notetab, the above command, have you tried it does it produce a
        text file containing names of shortcuts that you want renamed?

        If it does so and if Notetab clip lingo has a file move or rename
        command or function

        Then you could use Notetab, feed the names from results.txt into an
        array and rename them.

        --
        Alan.
      • Alex Plantema
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
          Op vrijdag 2 april 2010 19:53 schreef Harold:

          > Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) appends a " - Shortcut" string to the
          > end of every shortcut created, in addition to overlaying the shortcut
          > arrow icon in the lower left corner of the shortcut's icon. I've
          > been trying to use NoteTab Pro 6's Find & Replace box to remove this
          > string on "a selected folder and all its subfolders." I've not had
          > any success at this, because Find & Replace wants to operate on
          > documents instead of shortcuts.
          >
          > Does anyone know of an approach to doing this with Regular
          > Expressions? At this point I don't think NoteTab Pro 6 can do this,
          > because it is internally structured to recognize only file contents,
          > and not file names, folder names, or shortcut names.

          First make a list of file names:
          dir /b > results.txt

          Then edit results.txt:
          find: ^(.*) - Results(.*)$
          replace with: ren "$0" "$1$2"
          with the Regular Exp. box checked.

          Save the result as a .bat file.

          Alex.
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2010
            Alan wrote:
            >dir "* - Shortcut" > results.txt
            >
            >Without Notetab, the above command, have you tried it does it produce a
            >text file containing names of shortcuts that you want renamed?

            Could use ^$GetFiles()$ as well. But I suspect Harold isn't into
            clips since this is on the OT list.