File/Folder Synch Programs

  • Mick Housel
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22 12:04 PM
      I'm looking for a decent file/folder synch program that will check a
      folder (& all subfolders) and check to see that all the files are the
      same and add/update any that need be.

      Basically, it's being used with thumb drives and certain folders on a
      hard drive.

      So, what do you use for this task? Of course, free is great but I don't
      mind paying if it's actually worth it.

      Mick
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22 12:38 PM
        Mick Housel wrote:

        > I'm looking for a decent file/folder synch program that will check a
        > folder (& all subfolders) and check to see that all the files are the
        > same and add/update any that need be.
        >
        > Basically, it's being used with thumb drives and certain folders on a
        > hard drive.
        >
        > So, what do you use for this task? Of course, free is great but I don't
        > mind paying if it's actually worth it.

        There are bunches of them ... my favorite is InstaBack2 from PCMag
        (costs around $8) http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2151615,00.asp

        also SyncBack http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html has both a
        free and Pro versions
        https://store6.esellerate.net/store/checkout/CustomLayout.aspx?s=STR2236179640&pc=&page=MultiCatalog.htm
        <https://store6.esellerate.net/store/checkout/CustomLayout.aspx?s=STR2236179640&pc=&page=MultiCatalog.htm>
        free version(s): http://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/freeware-hub.html

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22 2:15 PM
          Mick Housel wrote:
          > I'm looking for a decent file/folder synch program

          My universal file orginzer Totalcommander does that too. I like doing
          everthing under one interface I can use blind.

          Axel
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22 4:45 PM
            On 22 Mar 10 21:15 Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said:
            > > I'm looking for a decent file/folder synch program
            >
            > My universal file orginzer Totalcommander does that too. I like
            > doing everthing under one interface I can use blind.

            Mine is xplorer2 (That's squared!) from:

            http://www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm

            One of the best bits of freeware I know! (Shh! Don't tell tell Eric,
            but I often find I turn to it's bundled lightweight text editor rather
            than NoteTab!)

            Greg