Re: [NTO] preserving white spaces in notetab

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
      Hi
      If you are saving as doc would it not be easier to save as html file in word
      first then open it in notetab if required .
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
        On 12 Mar 10 13:28 "Dave" <dmc43959@...> said:
        > If you are saving as doc would it not be easier to save as html file
        > in word first then open it in notetab if required .

        And then use HTMLTidy to strip out the rubbish that WORD inserts when
        saving as HTML.

        Greg
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
          Dave wrote:
          > Hi
          > If you are saving as doc would it not be easier to save as html file in
          > word
          > first then open it in notetab if required .
          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          Hi Dave,
          This works, but it would take longer to clean up the HTML than to
          manually insert the extra lines.

          -Mike

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
            Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > This works, but it would take longer to clean up the HTML than to
            > manually insert the extra lines.

            I doubt that. After some fiddling and optimizing a clip can do the
            cleaning all on its own. Finding the places where lines are to be
            inserted has to be done manually every time.

            As my late dad used to say:
            "Progress is the work of lazy people. Every time something needs to be
            done, the industrious people just go and do it. Lazy people sit down and
            try to think of a way to avoid all that work."

            Axel
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 12, 2010
              Axel Berger wrote:

              > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
              > > This works, but it would take longer to clean up the HTML than to
              > > manually insert the extra lines.
              >
              > I doubt that. After some fiddling and optimizing a clip can do the
              > cleaning all on its own. Finding the places where lines are to be
              > inserted has to be done manually every time.
              >
              > As my late dad used to say:
              > "Progress is the work of lazy people. Every time something needs to be
              > done, the industrious people just go and do it. Lazy people sit down and
              > try to think of a way to avoid all that work."

              Certainly applies here! ;)
              -Mike