Re: [NTO] Re: [Clip] Top-posting forces your reader to work (was Re: Finding a string within a string)

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 13, 2010
      Alec Burgess wrote:
      > fw7oaks (fw7oaks@...) wrote (in part) (on 2010-02-13 at 19:25):

      > and QuickQuote which allows quoting only selected text when replying
      > http://quickquote.mozdev.org/ (just noticed that above site says this
      > function is included in Thunderbird 3.
      >
      > Speaking of Thunderbird 3 (well I am, even if no-one else is :-) ):
      > Has anyone either tested or switched from TB2 to TB3 - if so -
      > comments/difficulties etc.
      >
      > I'm usually the first to jump on beta versions but *really* don't
      want
      > to screw up my email client/history.

      Alec,

      Yes, I tried TB3 for a few days and reverted to TB2. I had no
      particular trouble but until the extensions are upgraded a large
      number of nice little extras is lost.

      I did notice several of the keystrokes had changed and I didn't like
      the wide band between the message list and the message text.

      ºvº SL_day# 044 - created 2010.02.13_22.05.39

      Beer WARNING Label XI:
      • The consumption of alcohol
      • May lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 13, 2010
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

        > Speaking of Thunderbird 3 (well I am, even if no-one else is :-) ):
        > Has anyone either tested or switched from TB2 to TB3 - if so -
        > comments/difficulties etc.
        >
        > I'm usually the first to jump on beta versions but *really* don't
        > want to screw up my email client/history.

        I updated some time ago. It won't mess up your history.

        The tabbed interface takes some getting used to, I still often accidentally close the whole window instead of the tab of the message I'm reading. :)

        There was another feature I tried, which consolidates the presentation of multiple inboxes you have on different servers. I tried it for a few days, then reverted to the old style. Again, nothing was lost.

        I've got custom fonts and quote coloring, but only through manual entries in the Thunderbird configuration files. I set it up in version 1 or 2, and it still works in version 3. However the extensions you mentioned (Quote Color and Quick Quote) might offer some improvements -- I'll have to take a look!

        Regards,
        Sheri
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 13, 2010
          fw7oaks wrote:
          >PS: Eudora (no longer supported), Mulberry and The Bat pro version
          >(not free) are other suitable choices too

          Eudora is resurrected. Or rather it's on it's way to rise from the
          ashes . I'm eagerly awaiting the day when it will be good enough to
          use. The current Beta lacks some (for me) essential features.
          Hopefully it will be better than old Dora. For instance it has proper
          threading instead of Dora's annoying pseudo threading.

          <http://eudora.com/betas/>

          Lotta
        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 14, 2010
            It was smooth for me. I don't like the placement of the delete reply
            buttons top right of my message window, so I simply restored the nt 2.0.

            It also has some nice features like the ability to accept an expired
            certificate permanently.

            The one thing I am missing so far is my extension to look at a single
            message in html ... if that is native to this, I have yet to find it. I
            can go simple/html/text but it is as to all messages. I used to just
            have a simple button.