Re: [NTO] Is rootbeerkit.com a scam?

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 30, 2009
      Charles,

      This is very suspicious behavior. I recommend avoiding anything to do
      with this until you have done a thorough scan of your system.

      I recommend using the free version of MalwareBytes from
      http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php. Do the full scan after updating
      to the latest signature file.

      I also recommend that you get up-to-date anti-virus software. A good
      free one is Microsoft Security Essentials. It is for WinXP, Vista and
      Win7.

      If the MalwareBytes does not install or finds nothing, then I would be
      very surprised.

      Google also has a safe browsing page and lists rootbeerkit.com as suspicious.

      http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=rootbeerkit.com

      HTH,

      ~ Larry